𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠

"That's so hot."

"It's not."

"It definitely is hot."

"You didn't even see it."

"I know but it sounds hot."

I roll my eyes as I look at Lucy swinging her legs up and down as she sits on the counter of the record shop.

Today's Saturday which means the shop is filled to the brim with excited costumers enjoying their weekend.

After last nights encounter with Timothée my mood was as expected trashed so I went home and told Lucy to stop by the shop so I could rant about that idiot.

"He's different than I thought." I say while I cash up someone's cd's.
Lucy looks at me making a big bubble with her rosy bubble gum.

"What do you mean with different?" She asks while I put the cd's into the paper bag and hand it the costumer.
"Have a nice day." I smile at the woman before she leaves the shop.

I turn back to Lucy who's still waiting for an answer.
"I thought he was sensitive, like he looks through the surface of some things and I really thought he would like my music, the songs I write. Turns out he's just a dick." I say giving her an eye roll.

"Do you really believe that?" I furrow my brows at her question.
"I thought you were against Timothée?"

"I'm not against Timothée in particular. I'm against the whole I made out with my sister's boyfriend."

"Can we not talk about that anymore I know it was wrong the subject is getting old." I say while I grab the box behind the counter and walk over to the shelf to sort some records.

Lucy hops down the counter and follows me.
"I don't think it's ever getting old but that's not the point now." She says in between chewing her gum.

I stop at a shelf and start to put the records in while I look at her waiting for her to continue and elaborate her thoughts.

"He likes your music Arwen. Everyone likes your music and he loved the song as well. I saw him okay trust me. I guess he's just scared."

"Scared? He didn't look scared to me yesterday he looked major pissed." I tell her walking over to another shelf.
I would be lying if deep down fighting with Timothée wouldn't make me feel bad I try to hide it behind my anger but still it felt wrong.

"Okay for example just imagine you fall in love in high school with the perfect girl. She's your first love everything feels special and you think she's your soulmate. You're going off to college thinking about her all the time but you realize that maybe the feelings were just strong because it was the first time you felt something like this.

You start to fight with her more often she suddenly becomes less and less perfect as you realize that you two don't actually fit together. Then out of nowhere comes her sister suddenly grown up not the small kid anymore you remember her to be she's turned into a full on beauty.

She's independent has this kick ass band she's passionate about and suddenly you realize there are other girls out there besides your first love." She finishes with a big breath and I stand in front of her my mouth hanging open.

Lucy surprises me with her bright mind every time.
"When did you have the time to think about all of this?" I ask her surprised.

"Uhh when you cashed the costumer?" She more asks than states before a big grin forms on her lips.

"You're crazy you know that?" I say chuckling and she shrugs her shoulders.
I walk back behind the counter thinking about her words.

Basically she's telling me that Timothée notices that Jenna isn't the one because of me?
Which sounds ridiculous because Jenna is perfect and I always had the feeling they'd fit together.