𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨

I don't know how or when my mom became so bossy but she convinced me to pick up Jenna from her internship to drive her to the hospital afterwards. So here I am parked in front of an enourmos, expensive looking building my sister works in currently.

We weren't really on good terms before I left but I'm doing this for mom, I know she wants to see Jenna. I'm just relieved that Dawson is with her right now because I really don't feel safe when we leave her at the hospital all alone. They made her the option to bring her home but said it wouldn't be so comfortable for her with all the pain so we decided to let her stay at the hospital.

I let my fingers drum against the wheel of the car to the music that's playing in the radio while I wait for Jenna who's twenty minutes late. But she's not picking up her phone either so I have no idea what's exactly going on. My eyes fly towards the glass double doors of the building for the hundreth time today but this time my mouth drops open at the picture I am getting.

Jenna walks out and she looks good. Glowing and healthy but that's not what exactly catches my attention. The fact that her red painted lips are attached to another pair is what makes my mouth drop open in shock. The guy is tall and has sandy bonde hair from what I can see he looks attractive but the important thing is that he puts his arm around her and deepens the kiss.

Holy shit. I look away to give them some privacy while they suck each others faces off. Seems like she is doing great. After the longest five minutes of my life she finally makes her way over to my car and gets inside with a happy sigh leaving her lips.

I stare at her while I notice that I can't even recognize my own sister. Something about her is alarmingly different but I can't make out what it is which makes my skin itch uncomfortably.

"What?" She asks when she notices my look and I'm even more confused.

"What, what? Don't act like you haven't had your lips attached to a stranger a few seconds ago." I tell her my throat dry.

"Mark is not a stranger he-"

"You're already on first name basis how did this even happen and when? Why didn't you tell me?" How many secrets are they all keeping from me?

"You were on a road trip how could I tell you. I mean you didn't call or text as well."

"Yeah because I was angry that you didn't come with us. I just wanted to have a good time with my band and siblings and instead you don't come with us and I have Timothée as a chain on my leg." The words slip out before I can even think about them.

"So you're acting up right now because I kissed a stranger or because I didn't kiss Timothée?" She asks now and I sigh pinching my nose between my fingers. It feels like every conversation I'm having lightly ends up in a discussion it's exhausting.

"I just didn't think you would move on so quickly or else.."

"Or else what? You wouldn't have felt so guilty of you being in love with my ex boyfriend?" My head snaps up at her words surprised that she even knows this and surprised that she said it out loud. The truth lights my skin on fire making me move uncomfortably in my seat.

"How do you know..?" I ask quietly while I look out through the windshield because I can't look her in the eyes. The guilt has been eating me up for weeks now and finally it's out. I thought it would feel more..relieving? Instead it makes me feel even worse. To hear the words out loud from her.

"I didn't. Well I wasn't so sure but now the way you react..god. This is so fucked up." She sighs and I look at her guiltily.

"I promise I would've never done anything serious with him. He was just so persistent and you and I fought a lot. I shouldn't come up with excuses I know that. I betrayed you and kept secrets and even if I did know it was wrong I still did it. I felt terrible believe me but it's already over again whatever it was and I will never do something like this again I promise." I stop rambling when she puts her hand on my arm.

"Take a deep breath Arwen." She says and I follow her demands calming down in the process.

"I'm not mad at you okay?"

"You're..not?" I ask totally confused now.

"I mean how could I? I didn't treat Timothée the right way and eventually he would notice that it could be different with someone else. I'm actually rather happy it's with you because I know you felt guilty and you wouldn't have done it if you didn't like him this much." Is this really my sister that's talking to me right now? Since when did she became so mature?

"Don't look at me so shocked I can be wise too."

"I'm just surprised. I thought you would be soo angry at me." That's an understatement I thought she'd go balistic and wouldn't invite me to her wedding or any family dinners in the future.

"Don't get me wrong. When I saw the signs I was raging but I stopped for a minute and thought about it. Why was I raging? Not because you were interested in my boyfriend but the fact that you two just fit so much more than he and I did. The way you acted around each other, the way he looked at you. Just the way mom and dad looked at each other.

You treated him like he deserved it and if he and I wouldn't have met first I'm sure he would've been immidiately in love with you." Her words make my throat close up in an instant because this is the scenario I dreamed off over and over when I imagined telling her about Timothée.

Her being understanding, telling me that Timmy and I fit better together. If only I would've talked to her sooner..

Cause it's too late now, I have ruined everything. I said things that weren't honest but my only mission was to push everyone away. To escape the feelings because they were just too many and so I wouldn't end up hurt. But in the process I hurt everyone close to me even though that was far away from my intentions.

"If you said this to me four weeks earlier I probably would've cried at luck." I admit quietly. I feel her grab my hand in hers intertwining our fingers.

"I am your big sister Arwen, I know I haven't always acted like this but I love you. Timothée and I were toxic everyone could see that beside ourselves. You and him on the other hand are perfect for each other so listen I am not mad if you still love him and if you still want to be with him."

"I love you for that but it's too late. You should've heard the things I said to him Jenna. God I was awful." I say and hide my face in my hands.

"You're human Arwen we make mistakes that's normal. But it's never too late to mend things. I am sure if you ask him to talk to you he will. He is head over heals for you. You make him happy and feel free, you give him the life he always wanted."

"God it's really weird hearing you talk like this." I say and chuckle lightly. She raises a brow a cocky grin on her lips.

"Well look who's all mature now."

"Don't get ahead of yourself big sister." I tell her and we laugh together for a short moment.

"I let go of many things so I could see everything much clearer. Growing up means letting go but you yourself have to decide what needs to be let go and what is worth holding on to."