𝐒𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞

"Do you have everything?"

"Yes mom."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am." I chuckle at her worried voice as I sling my bag over my shoulder and follow Dawson and Tarver out of the door.
Kyle and Lola are already sitting in the van ready to go but mom wouldn't let us go rushing around the house and finding new things to pack.

At first I was the one packing too much now she's going crazy.
Dad already told us goodbye and made once again clear that he doesn't think this contest is going to bring us anything good.

Jenna was already away for her internship she had to leave early in the morning.
Lucy dropped by last night and cried a river of tears that I'm leaving.
I'm going to miss her but it's still just one week I'm too excited for the contest to think of missing anyone right now.

"Please be careful Arwen. Try to keep an eye on both of your brothers." She tells me putting her hands against my cheeks.
I chuckle and nod while Dawson and Tarver groan as they already rush down the stairs.

"I promise. There's no need to worry okay? I'm coming back in a week as a winner of a band contest and you can tell everyone how proud you are." I say and when tears start to form in her eyes I let my bag drop to the floor taking her in my arms.

"Don't cry you're gonna make me cry too." I tell her and she laughs beautifully as she kisses my cheek.

"I'm already proud Arwen you don't need to win you're already a star for me." Her words make my heart warm up and I smile at her gratefully.

"I know I'm still going to give my best. Tarver is going to send you every video of my performance but if you don't let me go now we're going to be late for the first location." I tell her seriously even though one part of me doesn't want to leave.

She looks so small and fragile and even though I know dad is still with her it's feeling weird to leave after everything that happened.
"I know it's best if you leave while I close my eyes. Now hush. I love you Arwen." She tells me and I smile.

"Love you more mom." She smiles and puts her hand over her eyes making me chuckle.

"Stop laughing and leave." She presses and I nod even though she can't see me.
I sling the bag over my shoulder and rush down the steps yelling after her.

"You're gonna see. Just one blink and I'm going to be back."

When I step outside a cold breeze greets me and my eyes wander to the van a big smile on my lips.
Tarver and Dawson are loading their things up while I see Kyle and Lola bickering in the back.

I jump over to the van but stop when I just notice now the person leaning against it.
"Timothée?" I ask perplexed blinking as if it would make his form disappear.
A grin stretches out on his lips as he pushes a curl out of his eyes.

"Hey rockstar ready for your trip?" He speaks up and my bag drops against the floor.
He chuckles and walks over pulling up the bag from the ground.

After a few seconds I realize that his hand is on my back putting light pressure against it so I move.
I look at him still surprised because I didn't think he would be here early in the morning to just say goodbye?

A sudden idea forms at the pit of my mind and I hope with all of me that it's wrong.
"You're..you're joining us?" I ask him slowly and he slings my bag into the trunk while Tarver gets into the driver's seat and Dawson in the passenger one.

"Didn't want you to be all alone between the lovebirds-" his head nods over to Kyle and Lola.
"And your brothers." He finishes.
He closes the trunk and looks at me but I don't know what to say.

So instead of Jenna I get Timothée to join.
That's definitely not a great idea he knows it, he has to know it.
Still he's here supporting my music and me.
He steps closer his voice quiet so the others can't hear him.

"Is that okay with you? You can still say no." He gives me the chance to tell him to go.
Would he really leave if I tell him so?
"I.." I trail off looking around because I don't know what to say.

Of course I want him to come with us but if it's the right thing to do is another thing.
"Yeah?" He asks me lowly waiting for me to form a proper sentence.
His scent moves all around me engulfing me and making my head go dizzy.

"Does Jenna know about this?" I breathe out looking at the ground to escape his intense gaze.
"Do I have to tell Jenna everything? We're not in a relationship anymore." He says and I bite my lip in thought.

"If I would tell you no would you really leave?" I ask him looking up at him.
"Probably not." His answer makes my lips twitch for a second.
"Then why are you asking me?"

"Because I know you won't tell me to go."
He's right I probably won't.
A sudden car honk makes me jump and walk around the car to glare at Tarver who's grinning at me.

"Since when does taking bags to the trunk take so long. Get in losers were going on a trip." He yells and I roll my eyes.
I turn back to Timothée who has a small smile on my lips.

"Shall we?" I ask him.

"You didn't answer me." He says indicating to the question if he should leave.
"I thought it didn't matter anyways." I say grinning and he smiles before he follows me into the van.

We close the door and buckle ourselves up making Tarver let out a sound of excitement.
"Finally! Lets get this started." He yells and I laugh at his enthusiasm.
He starts the car making music boom through it as we leave our street driving up onto the highway.

I turn my head and look at Kyle and Lola.
Kyle is already grinning at me and Lola looks rather bored but I know she isn't.
"Ready to rock?" Kyle asks and I chuckle at the stupid question.
"Always." I tell him before turning and leaning my head against the rest smiling.

My spirits get lifted immediately at the sensation of singing in front of people and having the chance of a contract.
My eyes wander on their own account and I meet Timothée's gaze.
His lips are pulled in a smile while his eyes look at me dazed.

My cheeks heat up and I quickly divert my eyes out the window to escape his gaze.
Maybe this trip is going to be harder than I thought it would be.