𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

The blood pumps through my veins in a hard rhythm the sound of it echoing in my ears.
The adrenaline is rushing through my blood while I jump up and down Kyle spinning his drum sticks around his fingers while Lola tunes her guitar.

I didn't talk to Tarver or Dawson before this gig and it's making me nervous because it's the finale round.
Timothée's standing at the counter and waiting for us to get on the stage but something just feels of.

Call it foreshadowing or a bad omen so don't know. It's laying at the pit of my stomach but I can't name it and scaring the shit out of me.

At first I thought Tarver and Dawson were acting weird because of Timothée and I but I know that's not it.
They're not that childish to continue this behavior over the whole trip.
Scratch that they are childish as hell but I know on top of all they want me to be happy.

"How much time do I still have?" I ask looking over to Kyle.

"Ten minutes."

"Okay Listen I'm going to be back in five minutes I need to see Tarver." I say and press the mic into his hands before I rush off into the hall of the building to find my brother.

I just need reassurance that this is going to work out and that even if we'll not win it's going to be fine.
I need my brothers right now to tell me everything is alright and something tells me that's not what they're going to tell me.

I cross my fingers unconsciously hoping to find them with big grind on their faces and telling me to go rock on stage.

I finally find them in the backstage room whispering to each other and my brows furrow when I hear the last words of Tarver.

"If we're going to tell her she won't be able to sing."

"If you tell me what?" I ask confused making them both stand up straight looking at me surprised and shocked.

"What are you doing here rockstar you need to be on stage in a few minutes." Tarver says a forced smile on his lips that I don't buy.

"What were you two talking about just a second ago? Is that why you've been acting so strange these last days?" I ask looking at Tarver before my eyes sway towards Dawson who has a guilty look on his face. Oh no there's this bad feeling again..

"Nothing we're gonna tell you later get up on stage." Tarver presses but I cross my arms stubbornly. What could be so horrible that they can't tell me now?

I hear my name being called through the boxes saying that my band is up next.

"Tarver I won't go if you don't tell me." I say taking a step forward but his lips are sealed shut. I look over to Dawson pleadingly because I know he's softer when it comes to me.

I can see the defensiveness crumble off his face immediately.
"It doesn't matter if we tell her now or not. She deserves to know." He says looking at Tarver who shoots him a glare.

"Well then go on but I'm not going to stand here and listen." He says angrily before he rushes out of the room.
I look after him confused because I never saw him this angry. Did they get into a fight? Or is this whole Timothée drama worse for them than I thought?

I look back at Dawson who seems to be aged in a matter of seconds. His eyes are watery while he moves his hand over his face frustratedly before it settles in his hair pulling at the curls devastated.

"Hey what's wrong? Listen if this is about Timothée I promise I won't talk to him again after this trip." I slowly walk forward reaching for Dawson's hand and squeezing it.

"I know what you said was right okay? I'm going to go to college anyways and not gonna see him Jenna is never going to know about it and everyone will live in peace." I say softly even though my words hurt. I'm not gonna be living in peace.

I know what my plan is but speaking it out loud makes it more real. More painful.
Dawson shakes his head frustratedly as a tear rolls over his cheek.
He sits down on a chair of the vanity standing in the room hiding his face behind his hands.

I rush over to him getting to my knees grasping his wrists so I can look at his face.

"Forget what I said okay? Timothée is perfect for you and everyone knows it. I don't care what will happen with him as long as you're happy."

"No Dawson Jenna-"

"Jenna will have to suck it up. Boys come and go and she's a very confident person she'll make it work.

I want you to be happy Arwen you're so good to everyone of us. So don't listen to your stupid brother who's just overly protective of you because I think you deserve the world.

And I know Timothée can give it to you."

His words touch something deep inside of me and a familiar feeling sparks up which I didn't allow myself to feel for a long time.
Hope.

Hope that Timothée and I could work out and that I get a chance of a glimpse of happiness in my life.

"Thank you Dawson." I murmur slightly and wrap my arms around his neck to hug him tightly.

"Is this what you two were so stressed about? You don't need to be okay?" I say once I get back to my knees but he shakes his head horror back on his face.

"After this finale we need to drive home immediately Arwen."

"What why? Did your lectures start early?" I ask confused because I thought he'd still have a week of free time. I'm missing something but I don't know what.

He shakes his head a new pair of tears rolling down his cheeks.
I probably never saw him cry this much. This isn't about college and suddenly my skin grows cold when I look into his devastated face.

"Dawson why do we need to go home?" I ask breathlessly as deep horror crawls into my veins and winds his claws around my heart squeezing it tightly.

"It's mom. The cancer is back and spread through her body they say there's no chance for her to survive it."