𝐁𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥

The entire car ride was mostly spend in silence while Dawson made it his job to turn on the radio loudly and switch the station every minute which annoyed Jenna so much that she leaned through the middle console and turned it off.

It was really annoying but the burning silence after she turned it off was even more uncomfortable. The more relieved I was when we stopped the car in front of the hospital and we could finally get out.

"Thank god." I murmur and go to open my door but I get stoppend when Jenna grabs my wrist. I turn my head confused and watch her and Dawson get out of the car. My eyes widen quickly but before I can grab the handle he locks the car up making Tarver and I stay inside without a way out.

We share a quick look before I turn my gaze outside and give Dawson my best glare.

"Forget the three months of laundry!" I yell at him and he flips me off before Jenna and him walk towards the entrance of the hospital and wait for us there until we probably get over this fight.

Are they seriously just going to stand there and stare at us until we're not fighting anymore? What stalkers.

"Did you know of this?" I ask him making him turn on the passenger's seat to look at me.

"No as if I would take part in something childish like this." He says and I furrow my brows while I roll my eyes mentally. Okay he wants this to go the hard way.

I could curse Jenna and Dawson for this right now as if I'm still not freaked that I actually heard Timothée today. That I was so close to him but was paralyzed with fear and couldn't do anything.

I'm not really in form to apologize now and I don't want to. But maybe they are right, I should overcome my stubbornness and drop this fight for my family, for my mom. She doesn't deserve to see us fighting no matter what Tarver did or I did.

"So you and Lucy seem to work out better than I thought." I start the conversation and he looks at me through the rear mirror.

"You want to talk about Lucy?" He asks raising a brow and I shake my head no.

"Not really no."

"Good." He says and his passive aggressive tone makes me aggressive as well. Okay if he can't act like an adult it's up to me again.

I get rid of my sneakers and climb through the middle console to get on the drivers seat while I feel Tarver's confused eyes on me.

I let out a relieving breath once I sit and turn my body towards him.

"We're going to clear this up now because I really don't have the patience to stay in here forever until we're both suffocating from our air okay? Cause I don't think that's really healthy and I don't want to add claustrophobia to my list of many fears." I say and wait a few seconds for an answer before he nods.

"What you did was totally stupid and unnecessary. You treated me like a child even though you know I'm not one and that hurt. It really hurt. I was not angry because you didn't tell me about mom but I felt betrayed. You know how close I am to mom and me being the last one to know felt awful. I would've never gone on that stupid trip and would've spent more time with her. I understand that you wanted me not to worry and you just wanted to be the big brother but it wasn't your right." I take a deep breath afterwards and search in his eyes for some kind of understatement. I probably said this speech over and over in my bed every night which makes it sound really mechanic now that I speak it out loud to the person I always wanted to tell this to.

To my surprise he sighs and his shoulders sack down.
Not the usual reaction I would've expected from him.
Tarver can be really stubborn, like all of us I think it's in our genes.

"I know you love mom, you're devoted to her. I understand your view believe me I do. But I wanted you to do this trip, to take the opportunity and do what you love. I know how much dad pressures you with college and everything and just so you know I wouldn't be disappointed if you just left for a year and live for music. But it didn't seem like you had the heart to tell dad and that's why I wanted you to take this opportunity. More or less time with mom won't make her think that you love her less Arwen. She knows you love her and she wanted you to do this trip. I'm sorry you felt betrayed I really am." He tells me and I already feel the tears sting in my eyes because his words just sound so much better than mine.

I know he's genuine and I probably knew it all along I was just too stubborn to admit it.
He wanted to protect me like he always did and I appreciate it, I always did and that's why I felt so bad about the fight.

"God I'm sorry Tarver. I was literally so stupid." I say and he gives me an empathetic look.

He wanted me to do music so bad that he kept this a secret. He wasn't being selfish or acting like an overprotective brother.

"You don't have to cry Arwen." He says and wipes the tears from my cheeks.

"I know but I just can't stop." I say and laugh through the tears but it quickly turns into crying again and I don't even know why. Maybe I missed Tarver more than I thought, or the fact that my guilt of treating Timothée like shit lays over me combined with the fact that my mother is dying.

"I..just..can't stand the thought that she's..leaving." I say in between hiccups before I feel him engulf me in a hug.

"I know. It's going to hurt like nothing else Arwen but it's going to get better and instead of being sad and drowning in tears you should appreciate the time you still have with her. If she has to leave maybe it's meant to be. She's gone through so much already and she experienced so much. She has four wonderful children that love her  and she loves that everyone of us is so different and yet the same. She met her soulmate and lived with him maybe not until they're old and grey but she had the luck to spend most of her life with him. If she can do this you can as well Arwen." He says softly while he strokes my hair.

"Do you think she's going to be alright." I ask and he nods lightly.

"Of course. And you are going to be alright as well. Now stop crying okay?" He says and I get out of his arms nodding. I dry my cheeks with my long sleeves while I smile slightly when I see that his eyes are slightly glazed over making me grin.

"Are you crying?"

"No of course not." He says and checks his cheeks making me laugh lightly.

"I love you Tarver." I say and give him another quick hug.

"Love you more kid." He says and as if on cue the unlocking sound appears making Tarver and I get out of the car.

"Finally! I thought you two would start another fight in there!" Dawson walks towards us dramatically and I immediately start to speed towards him boxing him in his stomach lightly.

"Oof." He says and topples over as if I hit him hard making me roll my eyes.

"Stop being a baby you ass. That was a bad move..but thanks." I tell him and he stands up straight giving me a small wink.

"You forgot these." I look up to see Tarver walking from the car my sneakers in his hands. My eyes open wide and a blush moves over my cheeks while Jenna stops beside me laughing.

"Shut up." I grumble embarrassed and grab the shoes while we walk towards the hospital.

"It feels great to be the original gang again." Jenna says once we're in the elevator while Dawson shakes his head.

"Please don't say gang ever again." he says making Tarver and I laugh.

The elevator doors open and we walk towards moms room where we're greeted with dad sleeping in the armchair and mom reading a book. Tarver throws his arm over my shoulder when mom looks over at us making her lips twitch lightly before her brows furrow.

"Why don't you have any shoes on Arwen?" She asks making us grin.

"Tarver stole them."