𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲

Okay it's game over with the sad chapters we should make Arwen get finally a grip on her life

"Hey get out of the way!" I rush past the man grazing his shoulder and making him yell after me but I don't care if he's angry or not I need to get out of here.

The adrenaline is rushing through my veins and it actually feels like I'm flying through the crowd of students which are in their blue robes drinking and talking to people.

That could of been me if I didn't opened that damn letter.
I should've just let it lay in my bag until it gets dusty and old and I would've read it as a grandma and laugh about.

But no I had to open it and now I'm rushing through the crowds of graduated high schoolers to get to the street so I can throw out my money for a cab.

Once I'm at the street I immediately spot a few parked because  families probably called them to drive them to restaurants to celebrate.

I pull out a door on one and get inside making the driver turn around to me confused.

"I..need to get to..Lake county college." I say in between breaths while I'm holding my burning sides.

"Miss that's an hour drive from here-"

"I pay double." I say and he immediately starts the car not asking another question as he gets us on the highway.

My breathing calms down slowly while I stare out of the window the passing people making me thoughts whirl endlessly as I remember what actually got me here.

"Are you coming Arwen?" My dad asks a proud smile on his face and I nod while I look at my sister who's standing beside Dawson hugging him from the side.

Tarver is in the back smiling cutely at Lucy who can't take her eyes off of him. Lola and Kyle are a bit far away talking to his mom while Lola can't stop blushing and it's the cutest look I've ever seen on her.

Suddenly I get nostalgic. This feels like an ending of a book where everyone got to terms with their life accepting who they are and what they stand for.

It's a beautiful picture and I could go with my family and eat at our favorite diner and talk about the future. Painting pictures of what could be and remembering what was.

But that's not right. It doesn't feel finished and I know what I have to do to change the last chapter.

"I'm with you in a second, you can already get to the car I'm coming afterwards." I tell my dad and he nods gathering our family together- including Lucy, Lola and Kyle- to get to our cars.

He's been good lately, it feels like he needed this journey to understand how lucky he can be to have such a family.
I know he's still hurting because of mom and I don't think that's ever going to go away but we all have each other to support and trust everyone.

I walk a bit away from all the students and sit down at the river cramming my bag for the envelope.

His writing is rushed and the exact opposite from neat which makes it just the more his.

I unfold the letter and take a deep breath in when I see he has written until the last line.

Arwen,
I actually don't know how to begin which is probably not a good sign to start but I have to write this or else it will forever be stuck in my head.

I'm too much of a coward to tell you this in person that's why you're probably reading this letter right now and I don't even want to deny it I really am a coward.