Fifty Four

When Elise opened her eyes, she wasn't in a cold dark cottage. There was no Bella to be seen. Elise sighed in relief but then panicked again. She looked at her stomach, expecting to have blood tainting her dirty dress, instead, her said dirty dress was clean and was more beautiful than before.

Her dress was silky with flower embedded in it, it reached down to her toes and it was a long sleeved one. It felt nice, comfortable even. Which was a lot coming from Elise who doesn't wear dresses that often. She was also wearing a black cape shawl that felt so soft when she reached out to feel it.

Elise didn't know where she was. All she felt was freedom. The feeling of pain and sorrow that crushed her before was gone and got replaced by the feeling of peace. Her mind didn't feel cloudy like it used to, instead, her mind was free, gone of any grieving thoughts. The hanahaki disease that felt like it was crushing her lungs was gone too. Now, she could breathe in deeply, only inhaling fresh air and exhaling without feeling the urge to barf.

It felt nice but she couldn't ignore the tiny  anxious feeling deep inside her chest. It was tiny, barely noticeable but the fact that it was there meant that something important slipped away from Elise's mind. The fact that it was bugging her meant something.

Elise just doesn't know what.

What was she forgetting. She just kept remembering red and gold eyes but that was it. What does it mean though?

Suddenly, her surroundings changed, instead of pure white, it changed into a meadow of flowers. It didn't have any end, the flowers were spread out towards the horizon. A single tree, a weeping willow, Elise realized, was there in the middle.

It was beautiful. Flowers with different colors were scattered, like paint coloring a plain canvas. The willow tree's leaves were gently swaying to the gentle breeze that felt like a soft feather tickling her skin. Its rustling sounded music to her ears that Elise found herself relaxing again. And if she   ignored all of those, then the sunrise was there to take the spotlight.

The color blue of the sky were so deep that it reminded Elise of the ocean where there was no end to how deep it was. The sun peaking over the horizon was like a new beginning of life.

A gentle breeze made Elise close her eyes with a smile on her face.

She felt like she was home.

And yet, she felt like she was forgetting something. Something important.

"You're here."

Like slow motion, Elise opened her eyes, her eyelashes fluttering gently as she was greeted by a boy a few meters away.

Elise couldn't help but feel like she knows him. She tilted her head to the side, narrowing her eyes slightly.

Though, instead of snapping at him, she was surprised when her words came out softly, like she was whispering, like she was scared of disrupting the peace.

Afraid that he'll disappear. 

"I'm here."

His hair was long and could be tied up in whatever ways it could. His eyes were like a wolf, calculating and predatory. A shiver ran pass her spine for being the victim of that sensual gaze.

Who are you?

The boy was there, behind him was the sunrise making its way up to greet everybody who would watch its graceful ascend towards the sky. The beams of that light was a good color for the boy who was looking at her, unmoving. He looks so alive. He was beautiful.

Breathtaking even.

Elise suddenly felt that tiny anxiety run pass her again. She feels like she knows the boy.