Thirty

It happened.

It finally happened.

The day where all of Kieran had been babbling on and on about has finally happened.

It happened!

The day where life had placed Elise in the arms of Lucian after falling down from her favorite tree.

Well, now it's a traitorous tree!

It happened when Lucian was crying about how Elise was missing again when he wanted cuddles and someone to talk to and she doesn't know how it happened but it later resulted to Elise standing up on the branch, arguing about making a pillow cloud with stashes of magic chocolates that will make you fly with white wings with wine in your hand like a magic wand.

No, don't blame Elise for that argument. It was a good argument. Think about it.

Seriously.

And then she slipped like 'ploop' then down into Lucian's arms who has his hands ready open, but not because he expected Elise to drop off into his arms like some damsel in distress.

No.

He had his arms open because he said that if wine were to rain down on him, he'd have his arms open like what he had done now.

And it's a good thing because when Elise dropped, Lucian made an:

"That's one heavy wine!"

He opened his eyes and it widened when he met Elise's blue ones. The little girl waved him with a nervous chuckle.

"Hi...?"

His eyes went wide and before she knew it, she was thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes while he started to run, screaming to the whole world that she needs to go the infirmary like a mad man: "Infirmary! Man down! She went down, like straight into my arms!"

"Lucian!" Elise cried loudly in embarrassment but he continued running.

"No!" He shouted like a crazed idiot. "You're welcome by the way! If I weren't there you'd be friends with the ground and would probably making a pool! A pool of your own damn blood! I'm so glad you fell for me!"

"Wrong words, Luci!" Elise shouted in embarrassment.

"I am so going to tell Kieran!" He added.

Elise groaned in defeat.

What is wrong with this dude?

He's got some loose screws!

Damn it! She just fell! Like whoop, whee, whoo, fell!

Due to Lucian running around, when there was a corner he needed to turn to, he didn't turn because he slipped and skidded like he was skiing majestically over iced water.

Only it wasn't majestically because the moment he started sliding down, he immediately carried Elise in his arms and no, not like some ice skaters who carried their partners majestically..

Everything was happening in slow motion too.

And do you know what's worse?

When they skidded towards Serafino to the point where he was too late to dodge them and now his face planted on the floor with a: "OOF!"

"Ohhh... " Elise said lowly when they stopped and was now looking at Serafino who was planted to the floor, frozen, and Lucian was breathing heavily and was considering all his life choices.

After a while, Elise looked at the man holding her. "Lucian?"

"Y-Yes?" He stuttered in fear.

"I think you just signed your death sentence."