Eleven

Marielle said that she had to do something for her asshole of a brother and so leaving Alice to accompany Elise back to her room.

Elise didn't like to be accompanied like she's some sort of prisoner.

Alice made her feel like one with how careful he watches her, with how tense he is whenever he's around her, with how enigmatic he is to Elise.

Elise just doesn't get Alice.

Sometimes, he's nice.

Sometimes, he's cold.

Sometimes, he'a distant.

Sometimes, he's close.

Elise likes things that are easy to see. She enjoys the easy ways instead of the things that are complicated. She doesn't like things that are complicated and this family was making her feel lost and perplexed and tense. Too tense for her liking.

Alice was a huge eye-sore, a pain in the ass question mark.

Just like the rest of his siblings.

He has this calm, laid-back facade but there's something deeper than that. There's something that makes her squirm, that makes Elise believe that he's just wearing this unbreakable mask and that he haven't removed in years.

It was just perplexing.

And yet, it saddens her.

Elise tried to remove that feeling, to wash that feeling outside of her system because the bond is taking that as an advantage. It's continuing her to be attaching and sentimental and sad.

Like a drenched puppy.

How was she supposed to try if she can't even know who that person really is?

How was she supposed to give it a try if she were to feel these rush of emotions that's just not even hers to begin with?

It's the bond.

It's making her feel things that were never there in the first place. It's making her break down, making her an emotional wreck, leaving her to empathize with people she doesn't want to empathize.

The bond is making her decisions.

The bond is forcing her to connect with the siblings.

And it's not right.

It doesn't feel right.

She could literally feel the change. How rapidly everything is changing. The bond is growing and she could feel it. Marielle is trying to change for her. Alice is trying to change for her.

And she, herself, is trying to change.

And it's too fast.

"I don't really understand you."

Elise stopped walking, her footsteps went to a complete halt.

And she watched Alice do the same.

The man looked at her, his red eyes that Elise had come to familiarized with was
unwavering and...

Dead.

His words were the ones she doesn't understand.

"What do you mean?" She asked with her voice slightly strained, tired of the push and pull relationship she has with Alice.

Instinctively, Elise took a step back. Away from Alice because he felt dangerous. Not the predatory dangerous, just a scary, need-to-step-back dangerous.