Thirty One

Silence...

Oh, silence.

Huh.

Oh, why was it so silent?

Elise looked down at the mess and hummed thoughtfully, nodding to herself as she observed the chaos in between her legs.

And then she said: "Huh. I'm bleeding."

And then chaos came.

Alice suddenly knelt down with Elise still in his arms and was just holding her up like, trying to look at what was making her bleed.

Which was awkward, of course.

There's an individual trying to search for the source of the bleeding because he has no idea why it's bleeding in the first place, if Elise were really safely saved by Lucian, and where it's coming from.

Elise was pulling her dress down as Alice tries to find the source of the bleed.

Along with Isobel, who was shouting profanities while looking so worried that it was making Elise slightly feel bad at her.

Gone was the aloof and kind, gentle woman whom Elise had seen as a mother. Isobel suddenly turned into a scary demon lady who is just handling Elise like she's some voodoo doll.

Meanwhile, Lucian was now crying silently while looking so lost. Like a lost poor puppy drenched in the cold, cold rain while the wind clashes violently around his poor, sad self.

Lucian sniffled while pointing at himself pathetically. "Is this my fault? Am I the villain now? Did I do something?"

Marielle, on the other hand, was now dancing in worry. Or maybe doing some ritual dance.

Or maybe she was just too nervous to stand still.

Oh, ritual dance sounds fitting actually.

Well, it looked like she was dancing with how she was flailing her arms around while circling the group with a weird skip in her steps. She's mumbling to her herself that Elise had imagined that it's some sort of chant.

Kieran and Serafino was weirdly silent though.

But their faces were nothing compared to the calmness they usually wore.

"What happened to you!" Isobel cried louder. "Are you hurt? Do you need immediate medical attention?"

"There isn't any wound!" Alice uttered in confusion but was still searching. "Why is there no wound?"

"Oh, this isn't a broken bone. Not a broken bone. Far from a broken bone. Ooooh, that doesn't sound good. This isn't good." Marielle said in panic, dancing around like some person who dances around a camp fire and just singing incoherent words that sounded like oddly like chant.

"Alice! Oh my moon goddess! Search! SEARCH! Search like you've never searched before!" Lucian was now biting down his nails as he ordered his younger brother around.

"I am!" Alice barked angrily.

"Don't you know the meaning of search?" Lucian screeched. "Go! Go! Why are you so slow? Jeez! I said move! Move it! Jeeeez. Why aren't you moving? You're so slow!"

Lucian ordered him around while shaking Alice's shoulders this time, making Elise herself shake around while being held by Alice.

"Oh, please stop." Elise pleaded but of course she was ignored.

She watched as Marielle began to do her dance ritual again and was now looking very agitated as Lucian continues to shout his concerns.

"Look! She's shaking! She's losing blood!" Lucian gasped. "Oh no. Ohhh no!" Lucian shouted, shaking Alice's shoulders intensely now, making Elise feel like a ragged doll by how she was practically handled carelessly. "Infirmary!  Infirmary! Infar---!"