Twenty Five

The book clattered to the ground with a loud thud.

The little girl hummed, a bit annoyed that the book was disrespected but she could worry about that later.

Elise twisted her wrists to test how tight his grip was and thought 'Huh, this is real. Woah, this is such a dramatic thing.'

"Waah, so scary."

"You're so mean." He huffed, not removing his hold on her.

Elise gasped and feigned shock. "Wow, I didn't know that you could point out the obvious!"

"Stop it." He hissed, showing his sharp fangs threateningly at her, his crystal golden eyes that seems to be so beautiful before were shining dangerously.

"Stop what?" She tilted her head in confusion.

She could see him shaking, looking like he's trying to hard to control himself and Elise had wanted to say something but had opted to stay silent for now and enjoy the annoyance rolling off of him in waves.

"You're being annoying." He growled, glaring at her.

"Woah, really?" She asks in shock. "I was going to say the same thing to you too.  We must be sharing the same mind."

"Are you saying that I'm as rude and as annoying as you?" He screeched in horror like the thought of it was so horrendous.

He just had to look so shock and offended.

If anyone's fucking offended, it's her!

"No, oh my goodness, no!" Elise saw how that brightened his mood and the girl pinned down just laughed her ass off when she saw it.

"Don't be silly! You're more annoying and rude than I am!"

Duh was left unsaid.

Hugo was practically fuming at this point and he his grip on her wrist tightened that she winced slightly.

That's going to probably leave something.

Still, smiling smugly up at Hugo was all worth it, seeing how he was handling the situation.

"Why are you doing this?"

Elise blinked up at him.

He growled down at her, wanting her to submit to him. "Why are you doing this?"

Elise looks at him blankly, smile all gone and Hugo flinched.

Her eyes were cold and lifeless and it held promise. He doesn't know what but it's something he doesn't want to find out.

She was scar——

"I don't know."

What?

Huh?

Elise shrugged. "I dunno why."

"You don't have any evil plans? No evil laugh? No nothing?"

Elise knitted her brows together in confusion. "Do I look like a freaking villain to you?"

"Honestly? Yes."

Elise's eyes sparkled in wonder, looking more happy than offended.

"Wow, that is the most highest compliment someone has given to me." Elise said, looking so amazed. "My heart is fluttering in my chest right now. Seriously. My heart became this peculiar... Thing that grew wings and just flew like a butterfly around my chest right now."

Hugo groaned in frustration and in disappointment. Disappointed that he didn't get the reaction he wanted from her and that he couldn't actually believe that she was winning.