Thirty Seven

Dear, my only friend in the whole entire world,

Get your butt here at our pack right now! My brother found his mate and now we're gonna celebrate it. You're included in celebrating it since I suggested it! I don't wanna be left here alone because it will definitely be boring with all the grown ups here.

P.S I miss you so hurry up and get your butt up here and let me see your ugly face, you idiot.  (੭ •᷄⌓•᷅ )੭

"Why are we going again?" Elise asks for the umpteenth time while holding Cleo's arm.

The little girl found out that she was touch starved for Cleo as the boy stayed next to her. She doesn't know how to explain it but whenever she's close to Cleo, such as shoulders touching, it causes this calming effect that leaves Elise craving for more. It was such a good feeling. Something that she doesn't find it weird at all. Cleo said it was normal. The bond made it her instinct to stay close to Cleo and to be naturally comforted. Their bond was made for them to be there for each other.

"Because they invited us." Marielle answered for the umpteenth time as well. She looked like she was growing more and more annoyed as they were now waiting for the transportation magic thing-y to activate.

Yes, the transportation magic thing-y. She forgot what it's called since it was such a long name for the little girl to remember. Elise didn't even know it existed. She didn't even know that the family had one but apparently, it was just hidden under the mansion since it was such a valuable thing that it could be bought at a high price value. And Elise saw why its value was of high price.

The transportation magic was like a drawed ritual circle underneath them. The colors it presented was beautiful. It was like the aurora sky! It was like standing below the aurora sky and it felt magical.

However, what felt weird was that everyone, except her, was unusually quiet. Even Lucian of all people. When something feels odd, Elise just can't sit still and silent.

"I thought that selenophiles tend to isolate themselves and avoid parties?"

Shockingly, Lucian, the loudest of them all, also avoid parties and friends. People saying that he's some sort of man whore was a complete lie. From what she hears, Lucian doesn't do that much often but he still does it from time to time and when he does, his time in the bedroom lasts forever.

"Elise, listen to me carefully because I'm only going to tell this once." Serafino said with his tone gravely serious, causing Elise to freeze in tense anticipation.

Cleo held her hand and she calmed down again. Elise shot him a thankful smile.

"Hugo's father is the second uncrowned king and someone we cannot avoid. Do you know what consequences will come if we did?"

Elise shook her head, slightly curious.

Uncrowned kings were the first children of the Gods and Goddesses above. They were known to be guardians of the unknown, balancing the way of life. They could be the bringer of life or the angels of death. They nurture what's there to nurture and protect what's needed to be protected. They're not swayed by mindless things such as money and power. They hold more power than any being out there and it's because they're job is to use their power to balance that natural order.

Elise wondered what consequences will Serafino receive if he disobeyed another uncrowned king.

"That man will march up here, all naked, and will beg annoyingly until we come." Serafino shivered while Elise blinked blankly at him.