thirteen.

( The Girl Who Knew Too Much )

September, 2013                 Beacon Hills High School, Parking Lot

NEL LOOKED AT LYDIA CONCERNED, HER brows raised. She looked from the strawberry blonde to the school. She glanced at a wide-eyed Lydia once again and then at Allison, who was just as confused. Shivers ran down Nel's spine, it being a cold night in Beacon Hills. It reminded her of when she was at the cruise, it was always cold at night. She shot Lydia a small smile. "Lyds? This isn't the supermarket...um..."

"You remember when I found that dead body in the pool?" Lydia instantly replied. "Yeah, that's exactly what I'm feeling right now."

Nel, clearly concerned, looked to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Do you wanna look for it?" She received a vigorous shake of her head in return. "Do you want me to call someone?"

"Call Scott and Stiles, please."

Allison could instantly sense Nel's next words and she shot her a look that made the blonde scowl. "Fine, whatever," she shrugged, clearly annoyed. Her annoyance grew when she realized she didn't have Scott's number and had only the sarcastic boy in her contacts. She let out a sigh and pressed onto his contact and placed the phone against her ear. "Nel? Is everything okay? Are you—" Stiles had immediately begun rambling. 

"Stilinski," she said in a normal tone, but it instantly quieted him. She could hear him softly breathing on the other side of the phone, trying to calm down since it wasn't usual for her to call him so late unless there was something unusual. And that was only two times. She explained to him the situation and he quickly agreed to get there with Scott. 

The three girls waited there, until they heard the sound of tires on the pavement. Allison waved Scott and Stiles a hand as they walked over to her, only to find Lydia who was breathing heavy. "It's the same thing—same thing as the pool," Lydia began. "We got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body."

Stiles looked at her, incredulous. "You found a dead body?" 

Nel winced. "Not yet..."

Stiles looked at her exasperatedly. "Not yet? What do you mean, 'not yet?' Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body."

Lydia rolled her eyes, scoffing at him. "Oh, no. I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on."

"How are we supposed to find the dead body?" Stiles asked her in a high pitched voice, annoyed. "You're always the one finding the dead body!"

Nel scowled at him, her lip curling in distaste. "Listen here, Stilinski—"

"Guys...?" Scott interrupted them, his voice slightly wavering, uneasy. "I found the dead body."