four.

"OH, FOR GOD'S SAKE," NEL GROANED, sprawling on her bed, watching Zoey run around in circles, chasing her own tail

"OH, FOR GOD'S SAKE," NEL GROANED, sprawling on her bed, watching Zoey run around in circles, chasing her own tail. Max was with Simba, probably in the kitchen, cooking up a meal, which was cereal and milk. Nel had felt tired that day, since she had returned from swim practice early in the morning. Jackson pleaded her to come because she was co-captain.

"Max!" Nel called for her brother. 

"What?!" Max yelled back.

"Can you take care of Zoey for two minutes? I need to take a shower and get ready!"

"Bring her downstairs!"

Nel got off her bed and crouched next to her dog, who was still chasing her tail. "Come on, Zuzu," she said in a loving tone, using the dog's pet name, making Zoey run over to her arms. Nel easily picked up the dog and brought her downstairs, where Max was, eating his cereal, while Simba was laying on his back in the corner.

"Oh, you take such great care of them," Nel sarcastially said, putting Zoey down.

"I know," Max exclaimed, mouth filled with food. 

Nel's lip curled in disgust. "Don't talk while you eat. You look like a clown."

"I'm a very sexy clown, then, right?"

"I'm just going to pretend you never said that," Nel then added under her breath, "Narcissistic bastard."

"What did you call me?" 

"Nothing!" Nel looked at him. "I'm going to take a shower. Take care of the two," she nodded at the dogs. Max didn't reply, but only munched down his cereal, staring blankly at his sister, who rolled her eyes and headed upstairs.

Max chuckled, shaking his head. He knew she would be annoyed with just a blank stare. His phone rang loudly, the beat of 'Candy Shop' ringing loudly through the house. He reached for it, and answered, the music stopping abruptly. "Hello?"

"Hey, Max." Max recognized David's voice. The two had been best friends ever since elementary school, because they used to sit next to each other. "When're you getting here?"

"Once my sister gets dressed," Max replied. "She won't take long."

"All right," David said, and the dogs had begun barking. Normally at first, but then violently, twoards the direction of the woods. "Are your dogs okay?"

"I don't know," Max said, his brows furrowed, as he stared at the pair of dogs. He heard Nel walk down the stairs and when he looked that way, she had a robe around her and her hair, that must've been in a bun since it was dry, was cascading over her shoulders.

"What's going on?" Nel asked, tucking her hair behing her ears.

"They're barking?"

"No shit. Did you feed them?" Nel asked.