ten.

DANIELLE HAD MADE SURE SHE HAD picked up the perfect present for Lydia

DANIELLE HAD MADE SURE SHE HAD picked up the perfect present for Lydia. It was her birthday and the girl was excited. She had bought Lydia a dress and she had made an album of pictures of the two. She had also decided to buy her a necklace with a gemstone: iolite, or water sapphire. The stone is meant to open and heighten and expand psychic abilities. It also guides a person through spiritual beginnings and growth.

Nel had slipped into a gray dress that had really thin straps. Now, when Jason had walked in and realized what his daughter was wearing, he immediately declined it. So, the girl decided to wear a full sleeved black shirt and then the tight dress over it.

She slipped on some black translucent tights and heeled black boots. She let her hair down naturally and headed out the door with the gifts in her hand after bidding her father goodbye.

She had got in her car and sat down for a while, contemplating whether she should go pick up David, or leave with Max, or just go alone.

Sighing, she started the car and drove down the road towards Lydia's house.

Once she was there, she didn't knock on the door and strolled in, finding it rather empty. She found Lydia near the bowl of punch and went over to her.

"Lyds!" Nel squealed as she pulled her best friend into a hug. "Hey, happy birthday! Again."

Nel had obviously wished the girl when it struck midnight so she wished her once again.

"Thanks, Nel," Lydia smiled, hugging the girl back and holding on for a while before the pair let go, both smiling at each other.

Nel handed her the gifts and Lydia gasped. "Do you mind if I open them now?"

"Of course not," Nel exclaimed. She followed the strawberry blonde upstairs to her room and the two girls sat down on the bed and Lydia began opening her presents.

She opened the gift with the dress first and smiled once she saw it. It was a black dress with a mesh collar and sleeve and the dress had a dark pink and blue floral design. "Nel! This is so pretty!"

"Yeah, you think so?" Nel smiled, looking at her. "Also, you can pair it with your blown leather jacket with it, it would look amazing."

"Really, you thought this through?" Lydia pulled her into a small hug once again before grabbing the photo album.

The strawberry blonde slowly flipped the album open to find the cover page to be a small collage of their old drawings from when they were kids. And around them, Nel had written in a neat font: 'memories.'

Slowly as Lydia flipped through all the photos, they were from third grade to now. Lydia excitedly pointed at a picture of the two girls feeding each other the other's ice cream, laughing. "Nel! This was when we had tried to sneak out alone, remember?"

The girl laughed as she looked at the photo, nodding. "Remember how we had to practically beg Max to take us with him?"

"Oh, my God, yeah!" she also laughed. "And he kept saying no, and then we followed him into his friend's car, and hid in there so he would have to take us."