fourteen.

( the overlooked )

September, 2013                Derek's Loft

NEL'S HANDS WERE CLENCHED IN ANGER, pink crescents left on the bottom of her palms as she continued to dig her nails into her skin. Scott and Stiles brought her here, to Derek's loft, explaining everything to Derek. Scott had also gotten something from his boss, Deaton, that would help. Mistletoe. Currently, they were hiding in the elevator alcove, slightly peaking out to see the main room. Scott and Stiles knew for a fact that Jennifer would go to Derek. Nel was confused as to why, but was filled in by Stiles about it. She also found out that Cora wasn't exactly healing after she had gotten into a fight with the Alpha twins. 

Their gut was correct, as they heard the loud clang of the metal door opening and sliding in to a close. Voice tremulous with panic, she called out to the darkened loft, "Derek? Derek, where are you?"

Her voice alone made Nel want to grab a knife and stab her till red filled her vision, but all she could do was huff in anger. "Right here," Derek spoke up. She spun around and saw Derek step out of the shadows as if he'd been waiting in the darkness for her.

"Thank God," she breathed out before wrapping her arms around him. "Something happened at the recital, at the school, okay? I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear it for any of them."

"From who?"

"Scott, Stiles, Danielle..." she sighed out. Nel scowled deeply, her lip curled. "They're gonna tell you things—things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me." She was demanding of him, and Nel could see the gears shifting in Derek's brain.

Derek breathed through his nose heavily. "What is it?"

Jennifer looked up at him, feigned innocence and hesitation in her eyes and her lips turned down in a frown. "Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise." Jennifer slightly nodded before pressing her lips against his, desperately. She looked almost pathetic, Nel realized, scoffing quietly under her breath. It hadn't gone unnoticed by Scott, who shot her a glance before looking back to the scene unfolding in front of him. 

Jennifer could notice the hesitancy and unease in Derek as she pulled away, her brows furrowing. "They're already here, aren't they?" That was when the trio got out of the elevator alcove, Scott's hands behind him, hiding the vial of mistletoe from her. She backed away, nervous, as she stared at the three teenagers, their eyes ablaze with anger and determination.

She looked to Derek, scoffing in disbelief. "So they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

Scott tutted, correcting her, "we told him you're the one killing people."