eleven.

( vendetta )

July, 2013                Beacon Hills

NEL COULDN'T HAVE BEEN MORE EXCITED as she followed her father into the woods, where he said he needed to show her something that would certainly make her extremely happy. Dried up leaves crunched beneath their feet, making a satisfying sound everytime they stepped forward. Nel could notice how most of the trees had grown taller, a lot of plants growing around their stumps. It looked almost magical, although she never used that word as lightly as she used to. Coming up on the familiar path and instantly stopping, Nel frowned when she realized she was at the river.

She turned to her father, the light wind blowing at her. Her blonde hair was pushed back as a particularly strong gust of wind came by, confusing her. "Dad? Why have you brought me here?"

He smiled before beckoning her towards the right side of the river. She quickly caught up to him and looked to where he was pointing. She let out a small gasp, her mouth agape. They had built a small cave like area into the side of the cliff, right over the river. The opening was big enough for people to go in and was deep enough as well. She turned to her father, smiling now. "When did this happen?"

"While you were gone, of course," he sighed out. "Soon, they're going to be adding a waterfall over it. It's going to look beautiful, don't you think?"

"Of course," she breathed in , the familiar smell of the water bringing her comfort as she wrapped her arms around her torso. "Who's idea was this?"

"Noah's," her father answered, raising his brows. "Surprisingly enough."

"I need to thank him," Nel chuckled and watched her father nod. "Was there like a reason for it?"

He only shrugged.

▪▪▪

September, 2013                Derek's loft, Beacon Hills

PETER HAD SEEN A PACK OF werewolves walk into the distillery while Paige and Derek were still in there but then they ran away as Derek knew something was wrong. Ennis, Kali, and Deucalion were among them. Ennis had made a speech about how the werewolf hunters dragged a member of their pack into the distillery with an arrow in his throat, hung him, and cut him in half. Deucalion said that the Argents discerned motives and wanted to know why Ennis's beta was killed. Marco, one of Deucalion's betas, stepped forward to say that Ennis's Beta killed one of the werewolf hunters. Ennis maintained that it was an accident.

A wolf had then arrived at the distillery—a proper wolf with the red eyes of an Alpha. The wolf had shifted into a naked woman. Someone stepped forward to give her a blanket to cover up. The woman was Talia Hale, Derek's mother. She said that it was the werewolf hunters' right to kill a Beta for attacking one of their own. Werewolves weren't the only ones who adhere to thousand-year-old rituals. This, obviously, wasn't the answer that Ennis wanted. He walks to a wall and puts his hand against it.

"Ennis, don't," Deucalion had said with a roll of his eyes. "Don't make us part of a historical cliché. With two such powers, it never stops at an eye for an eye. A skirmish becomes a war, murder becomes a massacre and we end up no better than our enemies."

Ennis ignored Deucalion's advice and used his claws to etch a spiral into the distillery wall.

In the loft, Peter drew the same spiral in the condensation on the window, reminding them that it's the werewolf mark for a vendetta. Cora looked to Stiles and Nel, who were sitting at opposite sides. "It's not just revenge; losing a member of your pack isn't like losing a family member. It's like losing a limb."

The hospital wouldn't let Ennis see the body. Sheriff Stilinski was called to the hospital and finds Ennis threatening the hospital staff and the werewolf was told to leave immediately. Ennis looked furious but did as requested, surprisingly.

At this point in time, Sheriff was just a deputy and had to do what he was told. Right now, he was being told that there's a boy who was shot in the throat with an arrow and literally cut in half so it's a homicide investigation. And no matter how close Ennis is to this kid, he's not related. 

Cora's brows furrowed as she looks at her uncle. "What does this have to do with Derek?" 

According to Peter, it had everything to do with Derek. "It's never a single moment but a confluence of events." Peter saw profound loss in Ennis's situation. Derek saw it as an opportunity to always be with Paige. It was a constant obsessive fear. 

▪▪▪

just a filler, sorry i havent been updating as often :) <3