one.

( warning signs )

THINGS WEREN'T GOING SO BAD

THINGS WEREN'T GOING SO BAD. Nel had officially stopped going for her music lessons, and she and David spent much more time together than usual. She felt safe, finally. She and her father had been spending time at the ocean more often. He had told her to stop going to the river as often as she usually did. "You look like you belong here, at the ocean. You look so peaceful here, hun."

And she did. She was the most peaceful she had ever been. She learnt how to spend time with everyone she held close to her heart. She knew what she was doing and she knew she was doing just fine.

Nel was hanging out with David in her room, both of them reading a book, seperately. He was laying on the bed, face up with his book covering his face, while Nel was doing the opposite. She was supporting herself with her elbows, lying face down next to him. They were so into their own books, they didn't notice Max walk in, smirking as he stole a small bar of chocolate from his sister's jar of sweets. 

Nel yawned and heard the crinkling of paper and her head snapped to find her brother scarfing down the chocolate. Nel gasped, immediately standing up and chasing him out the room, whacking him with her book, David's laughter and Max's muffled screams filling the room. "You have your own chocolate, you piece of shit!"

A muffled reply from Max that she couldn't understand made her push him out her room and shut the door, locking it. She bent down to pick her book, sighing as she plopped onto the bed, on her back. Nel could still hear David laugh softly. She stopped herself from smiling, lightly hitting his shoulder. "Shut up," she told him.

"Sorry," he was still grinning. "But I mean it's just chocolate!"

"Just chocolate?" She repeated. "Get outta here, man."

"Hey, don't do that," he laughed a little, getting on top of her. She was surprised to say the least. She chuckled, shaking her head. "You're insane if you think chocolate isn't a big deal."

"You and I both know I prefer savoury over sweet," he lazily smiled.

Nel rolled her eyes, a smile on her face. "Yeah, yeah, I know."

"So, how's your book?" He asked her, burying his face in her neck. 

"Not bad," she replied. "Apparently, almost every crime book just needs to have sex in it."

"That so?" She could feel his grin as he pressed his lips onto her collar bone, making her sigh in content as they both put their books away and heard her brother yell out a "I'll be back in a few, guys!"

▪▪▪

NEL, LYDIA AND ALLISON WERE USING Nel's car to get to a double date where Nel decided she would join as emotional support for Lydia and Allison. Lydia and Nel both wanted Allison to do something. She hadn't been herself since she returned from France. It was a little upsetting Nel didn't spend time with them for one and a half week of the holidays. She and David were invited to a cruise because it was Kabir Mehra's parents' 24 year marriage anniversary. Unfortunately, David couldn't go due to business matters, so Nel went alone and ended up becoming really good friends with Kabir.