fourteen.

IT WAS ABSOLUTE CHAOS

IT WAS ABSOLUTE CHAOS. Nel was confused as people ran around her and Lydia, looking shaken. Lydia said that she needed to sit down, so Nel took her to the bleachers, and quickly bought a cold bottle of water, handing it to her. Police officers were surrounding the lacrosse field, and Sheriff Stilinski seemed confused and worried. Even though Nel didn't really like his son, she thought of Stilinski as a good man, and she knew she would feel guilty if she didn't go and talk to him. Her father and Stilinski were close friends, too.

"Lyds?" Nel looked at the strawberry blonde who stared back at her. "I'm gonna go talk to Stilinski, okay? Will you be okay here?"

She just nodded. "Only a couple minutes, L," Nel mumbled before walking towards Stilinski. She approached him, offering a small smile.

"How's everything going?" Nel politely asked.

Stilinski sighed, looking around, blue, red and white lights reflecting on everyone's faces. "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means—the Hell, I don't know what that means. Um—look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you see him—"

"We'll call you," came a voice from behind Nel. She turned around to see Isaac, who gave her a small smile and then Scott, who did the same. Nel looked at Stilinski again, nodding.

Scott shrugged. "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him."

"Yeah. I'll see you, okay?" Stilinski nodded. Isaac and Scott left but then returned to grab Nel by the arm and pulling her away. "Hey!" She yelled, pulling away and grabbing her wrist. "If you need anything, you could've asked."

"Then you wouldn't have come," Isaac retorted.

"Maybe if you asked there would be a chance I would've come," she hissed at them, turning around to walk towards Lydia. A tap on her shoulder made her sigh and roll her eyes as she turned around to be met with blue eyes and a bitter but trying to look kind smile. "What?"

"Please?"

"No."

"Please?" Isaac asked once more, exaggerating the word.

Nel sighed. "Look, Lahey, I would come with you, but..." she looked at Lydia, who was still sipping water, her hands shaking a little, "she's my first priority right now. She's really shaken."

"Well, ask her to come with you then," the curly haired boy bluntly retorted.

Nel glared. "Lahey, I think I made it pretty clear. I need to drop her home. Her mother must be worried, okay?"

"Then we'll come with you, and then you come with us," Isaac smiled brightly, giving two thumbs up and then calling Scott over. "C'mon, she's gonna drop Lydia off and then she's gonna come with us."