eight.

DANIELLE ALREADY WAS BORED AS SHE walked into her house, announcing that she was home and getting no response, she just walked upstairs to her room, passing by Max's room and finding him and David concentrating on something on the computer

"Hey, guys," she greeted. "What's with the serious face?"

Both of them looked up and David offered her a small smile while Max just waved a hand.

"Oh, it's for a project, just doing some research," David said.

"All right," Nel nodded, unconvinced. "Call me if you need anything."

"Thanks," both of the boys murmured.

Nel just walked away and immediately stopped on her footsteps. She hadn't gone for swimming in a long time.

She quickly grabbed her swim suit and put it on, wearing her clothes over it.

As she walked downstairs, she heard footsteps behind her and saw David, smiling. "Going somewhere?"

"Yeah," Nel smiled back. "To the lake, haven't swimmed in a while."

"Can I join?" He asked.

"Sure," Nel nodded. "Grab whatever you need."

David just grabbed his coat and backpack and put on his shoes while Nel did the same.

"MAX!"

"YEAH?!"

"WE'RE GOING OUT!"

"BYE, DON'T COME BACK!"

Nel just grinned, and turned to David. "Let's go."

They reached the lake in a comfortable silence, putting down their bags and putting away their shoes and getting rid of their clothes, him only in his boxers and Nel was in her plain swimming suit.

Nel put her feet in the water first, shivering slightly because of the cold water, before letting herself in, David following.

"Well, it's cold," David said, holding his arms around his bare stomach.

"Wow, really?" Nel sarcastically, raised a brow, turning towards David. "Sherlock Holmes."

David simply rolled his eyes, an amused smile on his lips. He gently grabbed Nel's elbows and pulled her towards him, she didn't argue and placed her hands on his chest while his went around her waist.

"I'm sorry," David sighed, leaning his head against hers, "that I haven't really been able to talk to you."

"It's all right," Nel responded in a low voice, knowing he could hear her since it was quiet. "I know you've been busy with school and work."

"Thanks for understanding," David said. "And sorry, again, because I wasn't there."

"Oh, stop apolozing," she smiled. "Besides, you're here now, aren't you?"

He hummed before pecking her on the lips. Nel was going to pull away from the kiss but David only held her closer, his lips still on hers.

Nel kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck and tilting her head up. They stayed that way, almost molding into each other before David finally pulled away, breathing heavily.

Nel was a little surprised at that kiss, but she just gave him a small smile. "Are you all right, Dave?"

"Perfectly fine," he gave her a half smile. "Just a little stressed."

"You sure it's just stress?"

"Yeah, I'm sure."

"All right," Nel nodded. "I'm unconvinced, but I will take your word for it."

Nel knew he was up to something with Max.

▪▪▪

DANIELLE HAD WALKED INTO THE SCHOOL with Lydia, both of them arguing on why Lydia wasn't going to be able to make it to the rave.

"But you never miss a party like this," Danielle exclaimed. "What's going on in your mind, Lyds?"

"I'm just worried about the tests coming up," Lydia said, hoping she sounded convincing.

"Sure," Nel rolled her eyes. Her blonde hair flew over face and as she tucked her locks behind her ear, she found Stiles Stilinski bending with his hand hovering a little over the ground as he screamed at Matt, while Scott stood beside him angrily.

"Nel!" The girl heard a voice call and she turned around to see David, jogging lightly towards her. "Hey."

"Hi," Nel smiled as she tore her eyes away from Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski, who were watching Matt walk away angrily. "What's up?"

"Nothing, can't I just walk with my girlfriend?" He asked, grinning.

"I think I'll leave," Lydia announced, shooting a smirk towards Nel. "Have fun."

Both of them watched the strawberry blonde get out of sight before they began walking the other way.

"Everything okay?" Nel asked, worried as she noticed his dark circles.

"Of course," he mumbled. "Are you going for the rave?"

"I don't know, I don't have a ticket."

"I have an extra ticket," he said. "Do you wanna go with me?"

"Sure," Nel beamed. "Just text me the details."

▪▪▪