𝟏.𝟕, 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥

Season 1, episode 7: night school

"Well, I am concerned."

LATER THAT NIGHT, I stood outside of my house with Allison. Scott was supposed to be here half an hour ago, but he still hasn't shown. Allison had joined me outside a couple minutes ago, reassuring me that he'd be here soon. My phone started to ring, and I saw it was Lydia, so I answered, putting it on speaker for my sister, as well.

"Lydia says we're coming to get you and Allison." Jackson spoke up.

I sighed. "Please, don't. I'm sure he's on his way. He's only..." I checked the time.

"26 minutes late!" Allison suddenly exclaimed.

"You hear that? First, it's "He's only 26 minutes late," a month later it's, "He only hits me when he's drunk." Slippery slope, Y/n. Slippery slope." Lydia rambled.

"We're picking you up." Jackson said next.

"No." I spoke firmly.

"Too late." Allison sighed, both her and I looking at the car that was now in front of us, Jackson and Lydia sitting inside. I hung up, the two of us walking over to the car.

Jackson rolled down the window. "Lydia gets what Lydia wants. Come on you two, get in. We can stop by his place and see if he's there."

My phone then beeps and I open it, seeing it was a text from Scott, saying he wanted to meet me at the school. My brows furrowed in confusion while I saw Allison look over my shoulder, reading the text.

Lydia gasps, leaning over Jackson. "Is that him with the best explanation ever of why he's half a freaking hour late?"

"Not exactly." I shook my head in confusion. Allison and I hopped into the backseats, Jackson soon driving us to school.

"What're we doing here anyway?" He asked as I hopped out.

"All I got was this." I showed him Scott's text.

"Meet me at the school. URGENT." It read.

"They lock the doors at night, you know." Lydia reminds from inside the car.

"That one's open." Allison points out the window at a opened door, something holding it open.

I started walking towards the door, hearing footsteps follow me. "You don't need me to state the obvious, right?" Jackson spoke up.

"That it looks like they broke into the school? No, pretty obvious." I shook my head.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He suddenly asked, surprising me a little bit.

I shook my head, no. "It's okay." I started walking away again.

"Hey, Y/n..." Jackson stopped me.

I turned back to him, examining his face. He looked... concerned. Worried. "You have this look like you're about to say, "Be careful.""

Jackson brings out a flashlight, turning it on and handing it to me. "I am."

I smiled before taking it.