𝟏.𝟗, 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐞

Season 1, episode 9: wolf's bane

"We want to feel powerful."

IN THE AFTERNOON, I sat in my next class, Allison sitting on my left side, the other desk beside me still empty. Glancing at the door, I meet a familiar pair of brown eyes before I look back down at my books and away from Scott.

From the corner of my eye, I see Scott start to go to the desk on my right, but Lydia took it before he could. Lydia gives me and Allison a little smile as Scott takes the seat behind her. The teacher speaks up, telling us to get our books out.

"Y/n." I hear Scott whisper.

"Hey. Class is beginning." I remind, glancing back at him.

"I know. I'll shut up. I just..." Scott begins, trailing off as he glances at the phone in his hand. "I have some stuff on my phone that I wanted to send you. I thought you might like it."

I nod. "Okay."

Looking back up at the front, the teacher turns back to the class, starting to speak just as I receive a new message on my phone. Silently picking it up, I open the message, knowing it was from Scott.

Tears pool in my eyes as I swiped through the pictures of me and him, some showing us kissing each other, or even just holding each other in our arms. A little smile shows on my face before it fades away, guilt overtaking me.

Grabbing ahold of my books, I rise to my feet, hearing Allison whisper-yell my name. Just before I leave the classroom, I glance back at Scott, more tears coming to my eyes when I meet his. With that, I leave the classroom, starting to walk down the hall.

"Y/n." Scott calls.

Slowly, I come to a stop, wiping the few tears that fell down my cheeks before slowly turning to face him, more guilt coming through me.

"Why did you send me those?" I question. "Are you trying to make me feel even worse for breaking up with you?"

"No. I thought you would like them. I thought they would remind you of us." Scott replies.

"Are you trying to hurt me... Get back at me?" I ask, feeling my bottom lip quiver.

Scott shakes his head. "No."

"Please don't talk to me. Okay? I need more time to get to just friends. Okay? Please." I plead.

Just as I go to walk away, Allison suddenly comes out of the classroom, her books in hand. Shaking her head, she walks past Scott, wrapping an arm around my shoulders as me and her walk down the hall.

I rest my head on my sister's shoulder, feeling Allison place a kiss on my head, whispering softly to me, all while a few tears fall down my cheeks.

***

Later in the day, Jackson and I were swimming together in the school's swimming pool together. Once again, Jackson was ahead of me as we were racing. Eventually, he comes to a stop at the end of the pool, me going beside him, seconds later.

With a smile, I run my fingers through my hair before resting my arms on the floor, the rest of my body still in the pool while I still tried catching my breath.

"You beat me again." I state.

"I have an unfair advantage. You see these cheekbones?" Jackson replies, glancing at me. "Aerodynamically suited for speed in water." A small laugh escapes past my lips, smile growing bigger. "So you're coming to the game tonight, right?"