𝟑.𝟓, 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝

season 3, episode 5: frayed

"Thanks for not listening."

THE BRIGHT BLUE sky was out, the clouds not being seen near the many vehicles driving along the concrete road, other than the dark clouds that could be seen high in the sky in the distance as the occasional rumble of thunder could be heard, the flashes of lightning being seen from the dark clouds. On the road, a school bus could be seen driving along the road with the Beacon Hills cross country team inside with Coach Finstock at the front.

However, no one in the bus seemed to notice the car trailing behind them like the many others, but this one had three Beacon Hills high school students sitting inside. Leaning against the two front seats, Y/n found herself looking through the large window as she stared at the back of the school bus, knowing who exactly was in there after what had happened with the werewolves just previously before.

Occasionally, Allison and Lydia would share glances whenever they saw the e/c eyed girl tense up a bit, just hoping that Scott was okay inside the bus while her leg bounced up and down in the backseat she was currently sitting in while Allison was driving and Lydia sat in the passenger seat beside her.

"Are you getting too close? You're getting way too close, aren't you?" Y/n comments in a nervous tone, glancing to her sister.

Allison shrugs. "That depends."

"Are you just wanting Allison to follow the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?" Lydia adds in question. "Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?"

"Well, after it happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight." Y/n admits, making the other two share a glance. "And by the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door."

"For what?" Lydia questions.

The younger, adopted Argent sister only gulps as she recalls when Scott had knocked on her door and showed her the arrow he had found. It ended with them almost competing against one another as they stated what they were good at and then Y/n trying to hit Scott, even if she wouldn't, but the werewolf had been faster.

Y/n remembered feeling her stomach flutter when their faces had been close, their lips right near each others that they both had been thinking of pressing them together, but then later on, she had tried her tactic again but it ended up with her pinned to the door as he held the same arm that Isaac had scratched when he lost control in the supply closet.

She knew he didn't mean to be rough, his grip having been gentle but the injury on her arm had still been hurting. As time passed, Lydia had taken notice that the car was running out of gas and there were no gas stations in sight that they could stop at, also considering Y/n wanted to keep an eye on Scott.