𝟐.𝟒, 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Season 2, episode 4: abomination

"She dumped me?"

LIKE USUAL, the night sky was up in Beacon Hills, the porch lights of houses being seen on as most people were still awake. Walking out of her house, Y/n rushes to the car just across, hopping inside the driver's seat before closing the door.

Turning to the window, like what she's been doing lately, she blows on the glass, seeing '9 P.M.' was written on it. Looking at the time in the car, it said '8:55', realizing she only had five minutes to meet Scott in the woods like she always did.

Looking away from the digital clock and back to the window, a loud gasp was heard throughout the vehicle as she jumped up, not expecting to see her grandfather standing there on the other side, staring at her. Gulping after letting out a sigh, the Argent girl opens the door and steps out, already wanting to be with Scott.

"I didn't mean to scare you." Gerard speaks up.

"It's okay." Y/n assures.

"Expecting someone else?" Gerard asks.

Y/n shakes her head. "No. Um, definitely not."

"Good. Then we can talk for a minute." Gerard states.

Hesitantly, she nods in agreement, hoping to make it quick. The older man reaches into his pocket just as a small book falls out. Deciding to be polite, considering it's her grandfather, Y/n bends down, handing it to him, listening to him talk about how he'd be lost without it. After that, he swallows some pills that laid in bottle, showing that it was the pills he was trying to reach into his pocket for.

"When I was your age, I didn't even take vitamins. Now, I'm choking down a cocktail of pills three times a day. But, I do what my doctor tells me, because I trust him. Trust is a commodity our family holds very high, you know? And my daughter, well, your aunt Kate, died doing what she thought was right. Her intentions may have been a bit misguided." Gerard explains.

"A bit?" Y/n repeats, interrupting him.

Gerard chuckles. "I like that. You and your sister remind me of her. She challenged me too."

"Is that what you want me and Allison to do? Challenge you?" Y/n questions.

"I want you both to trust me. You two are gonna find yourselves put in the position where you question the trust of people close to you. Even your closest friends. And when that happens, you have to know the trust you never question is family. Can I trust you, Y/n? You and Allison?" Gerard asks. "And before you say anything, I already had a talk with her as well."