Prologue

13 years ago

Knightingale pack

Scarlett

"Scarlett, we're under attack, we must go." My mother is telling me as she pulls me out of bed. 

I grab her hand and we begin to run to the hidden Luna bunker. The Luna bunker was designed to be used in dire situations to protect the non-warrior members of our pack. It had never been used in my lifetime, because my father, the alpha, was renowned for having the strongest warriors and no one would dare to attack us. 

We reach the bunker and my mother starts to push me inside. "Why aren't you coming with, mommy?" She looks at me a sad smile, "I need to help your father, sweetie." She kisses my cheek, "I love you, baby" 

My mother runs off and my pack members are trying to pull me inside, but I slipped from their grasped and chased after my mother. 

When I reached her, the horrors I saw were unimaginable. 

My whole pack was laying dead all across our lands. Blood was everywhere and in the middle of it all, lay my father, dead, and my mother laying over him crying. 

I stood frozen as I watch the man lift his sword and plunge it into my mother's heart. 

Snapping out of my trance, I hear my screams leaving my mouth. The man finally turns to me and smirks. 

I hear him call to his men "Boys, take the girl. An alpha's daughter will make an excellent sale."