Chapter 2

Five years later, present day

Scarlett

I am currently watching the silverlake pack scramble in fear, from my high perch in a tree. They are trying to find out who assassinated their Beta, and I always like to watch a little of the madness I cause a pack when I complete a mission. 

"Don't you think we've seen enough?" My wolf, Ares, says in my mind.

"Fine, I guess we should go."  I reply in my mind 

I begin to head to our mansion in the forest. I have been living rogue ever since I escaped the facility. I quickly discovered that I would need money to survive, so I work as an assassin for hire. My wolf doesn't approve but we need the money and this is what I was trained for. 

I spend a lot of my time searching for Master. I will never forgive him for the pain he caused me, and I am determined to get revenge. 

I finally make it to the house. I had it built after my first job. It is a large three story home, almost entirely made out of windows with a dark outline, to give it a sleek, modern, look. 

I immediately head to my room, in dire need of a shower. Entering the bathroom, I go to turn on the shower and begin to undress. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, my scars are prominent from my old beatings. I stare at my reflection. My dark brown, almost black hair, cascades down my back, covering the scars from my whippings. My face was the only part of me that was exempt of scars. My dark green eyes, scan over my face, taking in my button nose and pump red lips. The mirror begins to fog-up, snapping me out of my thoughts. 

I step into the shower and let the hot water fall over my body. 

"The alpha from the Garrison Pack is still awaiting your confirmation of the kill tonight." Ares tells me. 

"I am aware. I will pay him a visit tomorrow." 

On that note, I end my shower and change into some sweats and head to my king size bed, for some much needed rest.