Chapter 7

Scarlett

"How old are you?" He asked me.

"20." I answered him, with an uninterested tone. We have been sitting at the kitchen table for quite some time, him asking me the most insignificant questions known to man. Questions such as, favorite color: black, favorite animal: wolf (for obvious reasons), and more dumb questions. I am quickly growing tired of this game, so I take the time to look around the expansive kitchen. 

The kitchen is massive, with two industrial fridges, all silver appliances, black marble counter tops, and black cabinets. There are only two doors in the kitchen. One I assume leads to a walk-in pantry and the other is the door we entered through. I was in awe from the beautiful kitchen, but I didn't let him know that.

"I'm tired." I simply told him. He nodded in response.

"I'll take you to your room."

He walked me through the massive house, until we arrived at a hallway of closed doors. He stopped at the end of the hallway, "this room will be yours, mine is the one right across." 

I nodded and opened the door to enter, but was quickly halted by the utter beauty of the room. The room had a king size bed against the far wall, a large flat screen tv was mounted to the wall across from the bed. The far wall was completely made out of mirrors, that provided a view of the forest. There is also two doors, I assume, one is to a closet and one to a bathroom. The color scheme of the room is white and black. The walls and comforter are white and all furniture is black.  

The bed looks so comfortable, I want to melt into it. I walk-in all the way, quickly closing the door behind me, and make a b-line to the bed. 

As soon as my head hits the pillow, I pass out. 

...

I wake up to sunlight streaming through my windows. I decide to get up and try to clean myself up. I head to the bathroom and, wow, it matches the beauty of the bedroom. The bathroom has a massive bath tub in the middle of the room, a waterfall shower and a large sink area. I decide to save the bathtub for later and take a shower. I dig around until I find so extra soaps, a toothbrush, and towels, then I hop in the shower. 

When I exit the shower, feeling relaxed and refreshed, I am surprised to find fresh clothes on my bed. Someone had left me a pair of black jeans, a red long-sleeve shirt, fresh undergarments, and a pair of black combat boots. I was pleased with the outfit choice, and quickly changed into it. Once I as finished changing I headed out in hopes for some food. 

I reached the kitchen in no time, remembering directions was a large part of my past training. 

When I entered the kitchen, it was full of pack members, and they all stopped what they were doing to stare at me. I was not sure what to say considering they all could tell by my smell that I was a rogue. Thankfully, I saw my mate's sister waving me to come sit with her. I walk over and take my seat, giving her a grateful look. 

"Hi Scarlett! How are you? Where is my brother?" She instantly starts asking me questions and I am only half listening, most of my attention is focused on the pack members who all appear to be leaving. 

"Where are they all going?" I ask her without answering her other questions. 

"They have training." She answers 

"Can we go?" I ask her, liking the idea of doing some training. 

"I can ask my brother, but to everyone here you're a rogue. So a lot of people will not be pleased about you being there." 

"That is fine, I do not care what they think. Plus, won't your brother be there? So we can ask him when we get there." I state getting up and starting to walk to the door with her following behind me. 

...

We arrive to the training center and surprisingly the walk to the center was enjoyable. I think his sister and I will be very good friends. 

The training center is very large, with areas for fighting, different weight lifting machines, and many different weapons practice areas. All the pack members were standing around my mate listening intently to him give today's training instructions. I stay towards the back, to try not to be noticed, but as soon as the wind shifted he caught my scent and locked eyes with me. He tried to regain focus and continue the instruction, but his gaze always came back to me after a few seconds. 

After an extensive list of training exercises, he finally dismissed the group and began walking towards me and his sister. 

"What is she doing here Kelly?" He asks when he reaches us. 

"She wanted to come." She tells him and he just sighs. 

"The pack does not know who you are. Have you ever even trained before?" He asks me and I internally scoff. 

"He thinks we're weak."  Ares says in my mind between her laughs. 

"He has no idea what is coming." I tell her in my mind. "lets give a good show, shall we."  I laugh deviously with her, before returning back to the conversation with my mate. 

"I have not really had much training, but I would like to try." I say feigning innocence. 

He signs before giving in, "Fine, I will have you train with my gamma, Turner." He begins to walk away and motions for me to follow. "Come, I will take you to him."  

"Turner, this is Scarlett, a rogue Eric and I rescued." My mate tells his gamma. "She has very little training and will need a lot of assistance." He finishes speaking and nods and leaves us to it. 

I stare at him for a while before speaking. He is not bad looking. He has fiery red hair with a pale complexion and loads of freckles all over his face. "Hello Turner" I finally say, flashing him an innocent smile.

He seems a little taken aback by my lack of formality but brushes it off. "Hi Scarlett. Show me what you know." 

We begin to fight. I hold back all my strength except for right before he would pin me, then I would bust out a move to further the fight. I am about to end the fight, when I see a blonde bimbo crawling all over my mate and a fire ignites within me, but it is quickly doused by the punch. While distracted,Turner managed to land directly on my face. I groan and curse myself for being distracted by my mate. 

I am still distracted by my throbbing face, that I didn't realize my mate has run up to us and has tackled his gamma. I quickly try dissipate the scene and without thinking I grab my mate's arm. I am a little stunned by the tingles I feel, but I ignore them and pull him off of Turner. I finally manage to separate them and my mate instantly goes to me to check where I got punched. 

"I am fine." I tell him definitively but he only looks at me with concern. 

"Alpha Chase, I am sorry, I thought she would block or dodge the hit." Turner says, while baring his neck in submission. But I was too distracted by hearing my mates name for the first time to listen to his apologies. Chase. It suits him well. 

"It's alright Turner, you guys were training." He tells his gamma. "Training is dismissed for today." It is only when he says this, that I realize we had generated a massive audience. Everyone on the field wanted to see why their alpha was punishing their gamma.