Chapter 6

Scarlett

"Mate." I hear the alpha say. 

"Shit." This is not what I wanted, I need to kill Master and he will only get in the way. I can't be his Luna. I need to get away. So, I took off, shifting mid-air into my wolf and running as fast as I can. 

I knew both groups would chase me, I just hope neither can catch me. 

I am trying to concentrate on running, but it's a little hard with Ares whimpering in my mind and telling me to go back. 

"Can you stop, Ares. I am not ready for this, you know what I have to do."  She whimpers in response and retreats to the back of my mind. I feel like I am creating distance between myself and my pursuers, I take the chance of glancing back, and immediately I knew it was the wrong choice. My foot caught on a tree root and I could feel myself flying through the air, until I smashed into the ground and everything went dark. 

...

I force my eyelids open and am met with a very brightly lit room. The room is not-familiar to me, but appears to be some sort of hospital room. I am dressed in what appear to resemble hospital scrubs. The events from before start to come back to me and I realize I need to get out of here. The room is small. There is the door to what I assume is the rest of the hospital, a door to a bathroom, and a window. It's going to have to be the window. 

I scramble to the window and try to open it, just my luck it is locked. I can hear approaching voices outside the door and I know I need to act fast. I grab the only chair in the room and throw it at the window. The chair only bounces off not even leaving a dent. "Bulletproof, great." I think to myself. 

I know the noises from me throwing the chair would definitely attract attention. So I acted fast and went to throw it again, but before I got the chance someone took it from my grasp. 

"Please, don't." The person said and I wanted to melt from how sexy he sounded, but I composed myself. I turned slowly and I knew that this man was my mate. He was gorgeous. He must be 6'4" because he is well over my 5'8" height. He has sharp features and messy dark brown hair, that matches perfectly with his blue eyes. 

Yes, he is gorgeous, but this is not what I want. 

"Let me out of here." I snarl and I see the look of hurt cross his features before he quickly masks it. 

"Why? You are my mate. You are to be my luna." He said 

"No. I am no one luna and I certainly do not want a mate." This made him angry and he growled at me.

"I am not letting you go. I bargained for your life with the Silverlake Pack and if you leave my lands they will have your head."

"I did not ask you to do that!" He seemed shocked by my outburst, but I just inwardly scoffed, he really does not know me. 

"Please, don't fight this, they will kill you. just stay and give me a chance." He says with a defeated sigh.

"Please, Scarlett. Please, give mate a chance."  Ares begs me. 

"Fine, Ares, but I will not stay long just until I find a way out of here. You know I have plans."  I find it hard to say no to Ares, because she is the one who saved me from Master after all. 

"Fine. I will stay." I tell my mate and he looks at me with hope in his eyes. 

"Lets get you some clothes and something to eat" he says leading the way out, with me following him. 

...

Chase 

She's gorgeous. I can't help but steal glances at her as we walk towards the kitchen. Having her next to me, fills me with happiness, but a part of me is still hurt she doesn't want to be with me or be my luna. She doesn't even know my name and she doesn't want me. I just hope she doesn't try to leave, I can't risk the Silverlake killing her. My pack needs their luna and I need my mate. 

I think back to when I first saw her in the tree. I was mesmerized by her beauty and she put up a good fight, when she ran. We had to carry her back in wolf form because she did not shift back when she got knocked out, and I had the pack doctor dress her, out of respect for her. Her wolf was incredible. White wolves are not heard of in the werewolf community, but she is the purest white I have ever seen. I am filled with great pride for having such a rare wolf as my mate. 

I am brought out of my thoughts by the sounds of people talking. "We are here." I say as we enter the kitchen. There are not many in the kitchen just Erin, his mate, and my sister. 

"Hi! You must be my brother's mate!" My sister basically screams, causing my mate to flinch back from the volume. 

"Kelly, you're yelling in a room full of werewolves." I tell her. "Yes, this is my mate. This is Erin my beta and his mate Mark, and this is my sister, Kelly." She just nods in response. 

"What's your name?" Kelly asks her and she just stares at Kelly, appearing to be contemplating whether she should tell her or not.  

"Scarlett." She finally says and I swear, I started purring. Her name is so beautiful and fits her so well. 

"Take a seat Scarlett, I will get us something to eat." I tell her as I start to walk towards the fridge. 

She sits down with the rest of the people in the room, everyone eager to know more about her. 

Erin was next to ask a question, "Luna, did you actually kill the Silverlake Beta?" She contemplates his answer before simply stating "yes." Everyone was slightly taken aback. She seemed as though she has trained, but to kill a beta is no easy task.

"Why did you kill him?" Mark asked and she shrugged as a reply, but we know there are reasons. 

They tried to ask her more questions, but she seemed to be done answering, so they left us to eat together.