Chapter 8

Scarlett

"It was cute how mate was worried for us." Ares says 

"Whatever, Ares. We need to stay focused and get out of here." I tell her in an annoyed tone. We're currently walking back to the pack house, after the awkward ending of the training session. 

"Hey whore! Stay away from my man." I hear someone yelling from behind me.  

I turn around and see the blonde that was all over my mate. Ares snarls in my mind, but I remain composed. 

"Who is your man?" I ask her simply, a little puzzled by her question. 

"Chase. Chase is mine, so you better back off." She tells me, trying to be threatening. I just internally scoff. 

"Chase will never be yours." I say to her, flashing her a devilish smile. "And I suggest you stay away from me. I am not someone you want as an enemy." I give her one last look before I continue my walk to the pack house. 

...

I have just finished showering and getting dressed in another mysteriously appearing outfit. I look at my outfit one last time, black cargo pants, an army green long sleeve sweatshirt, and black combats boots, before I head-out of my room. I need to find some sort of computer room or place I will be able to find information on Master. 

I roamed the halls for about 30 minutes before I found a sort of game room. The room has a large projector screen with couches set up, similar to a movie theater. There are also rows of computers and different game consoles. 

I head straight for a computer, but I stop in my tracks when I smell him. 

"What are you doing in here?" Chase asks me. 

I slowly turn around and am momentarily frozen by his utter beauty. He is standing in the doorway looking at me with his piercing blue eyes. His dark hair is slightly damp, probably from a shower after training. He has black cargo pants, similar to mine, and a black t-shirt, that perfectly accentuates his sculpted muscles. 

I quickly snap out of my trance and realize I have yet to answer. "Uhm. I- I was exploring the pack house." 

"Very smooth." Ares drawls in my head

"Oh shut up, I was caught off guard."  I snap back at her. 

"Yeah, by our mates hotness."  

"ARES!"  I yell scolding her in my mind. 

"You know it's true." Ares says in between laughs. I tune her out and return to the conversation between me and Chase. 

"Right, well since we're here, do you want to watch a movie?" He asks me with a glimmer of hope in his eyes. 

"Scarlett, please say yes! Please! For me?" Ares pleads in my mind and I know that I can't say no to her, so I reluctantly give in. 

"Sure." I tell him and his face lights up with pure joy. 

"He is so open with his emotions, he is opening himself up as a target."  I say in my mind. 

"He is trying to be honest with you and earn your trust, maybe you should try it." Ares answers bitterly. 

...

We settled on the movie "The Internship", well more like he chose and I agreed. I don't have much experience with movies, considering my life was stolen from me at the age of 8. 

We are currently sitting on one of the couches with about a foot of space between us, and I plan on keeping it that way. He keeps glancing at me but I just stare straight ahead, trying to focus on the movie. 

The movie is more boring than I had anticipated, I have been struggling to keep my eyes open for the passed 30 minutes. I am drifting off again when I feel a comforting warmth wrap over my shoulder. Chase has wrapped his arm over me and normally I would have instantly brushed it off, but he is so warm and I feel drawn to him. I lean closer into him resting my head on his chest. I feel him pull me closer to him and I allow myself to drift to sleep but not before I hear him whisper "Goodnight, my beautiful mate." 

...

I wake up the next morning in my comfy bed. The lack of warmth is evident and I find myself missing my mates presence. 

"You should tell him you miss him."  Ares says in my mind.

"I can't Ares. I can't have a mate, when Master is still out there." I tell her sadness evident in my voice. "He may come for Chase and his pack and I can't allow anyone to get hurt."  Ares just whimpered in response. 

I get out of bed and head to the bathroom, realizing I am now in a large white t-shirt. My anger begins to rise at the thought of him changing my clothes while I was asleep. 

I am fueled with rage and stomp over to his room across the hall. I enter without thinking and am immediately halted in my tracks. My mate is standing in his room with a towel hung low around his waist. 

I can't help but rake my eyes up and down his body. His muscles are perfectly sculpted and he has a swirling tattoo that covers most of his back. He is dripping wet, from his fresh shower and water travels down his abs to him prominent v-line. I swear I might be drooling. 

"Like what you see?" He drawls with a smirk. His words snap me out of my trance and I am brought back to my previous anger. 

I ignore his question and start my own line of questioning. "Did you undress me while I was asleep?" "Do you know how unacceptable that is?" "That is a huge violation of my privacy!" 

He was obviously surprised by my sudden outburst, but quickly recovered. "First, no I did not, I wouldn't do anything without your consent." He said definitively. "But I could tell by the way you just looked at me that you wish I would undress you now and take whats rightfully mine." He said with a devilish smirk. 

My eyes went so wide, I'm sure I looked like I saw a ghost. Ares was howling in my mind and begging me to say yes. But I knew I couldn't. It took all my strength to turn around and go back into my own room. Damn the mate pull and damn him for being so sexy.