Chapter 9

Scarlett 

After a long shower, I am currently staring at myself in the floor length bathroom mirrors. 

I am filled with anger and sadness from staring at my mangled body. Master spent years torturing me and forcing me to fight, and it was represented by the scars that littered my body. I was not ashamed of what I had been through, but I hated the pity, so I cover my scars. Although, it is not easy due to the shear number and size of the scars that cover my whole body, I prefer it. 

I am brought back from my thoughts, by a knock at the door. I just grunted in response. 

"Scarlett, training starts in 30 minutes if you want to come with me again?" Chase's sister, I presume, calls from outside the bathroom door. 

"Yes, that would be great." I tell her in response. 

"Ok cool, I left clothes out here for you." She tells me. So she was the one who keeps leaving me clothes, interesting. 

"What's your name again?" I ask her, liking her more and more each time I talk to her. 

"It's Kelly, and I'll wait outside your room for you to get dressed. Then we can go." She says then I hear her leave. 

...

After getting dressed in a pair of black leggings, a white long sleeve shirt, and black combat boots, I meet up with Kelly in the hallway to head to training. 

"How has your stay been so far?" She asks curiously.

"It has been fine, but I can't stay here." I tell her truthfully. 

"Why can you not stay?" She complains and when I don't answer she continues. "We know nothing about you, please just give us a chance. My brother already cares about you so much, and our pack needs a Luna." She pleaded as we arrived to the training grounds. 

"You're right, you know nothing about me." I tell her before jogging off to where Chase is giving instructions. 

Everyone is once again standing around Chase while he speaks, "Today, we will be watching two person spars and assessing their technique." The group erupts with cheers, I guess they like this activity. Chase raises his hand to get them to stop, then continues speaking. "I have arranged a few groups to go, but if anyone would like to challenge someone, I would not be opposed." 

No one spoke. So, Chase started assigning sparing pairs. 

We have seen four groups now, and I am not impressed. They are weak and could use strength training and technique work. 

"Not everyone has spent their whole life training to be a lethal weapon."  Ares teased in my mind. 

"They should've been. They are vulnerable with such little training."  I retort. I am brought out of my conversation with Ares, by hearing my name. 

"You want to challenge Scarlett." I hear Chase say, him becoming increasingly more angry. 

"Yes." The blonde from the other day says. 

"No. Absolutely not, she has no training and you are our best female warrior." He orders, trying to control his anger. 

"Alpha Chase is right Nicole. Scarlett only started training yesterday." Turner, the gamma, tries to reason with her. 

I decided it was my turn to chime in, "I accept." I say with a smirk on my lips. There are gasps from the crowd, surely they think I am crazy and signing my death wish. 

I was about to walk to the fighting ring, when someone grabs my arm. 

"Are you crazy! You don't know how to fight and Nicole is a warrior!" She pleads with me. I just stare blankly at her. 

"Like I said earlier, you guys know nothing about me." I told her before walking to the ring. 

"Wolf or Human?" I ask her blankly. 

"Both." She spits out, with a smile on her lips. 

"She's really confident, isn't she?" Ares chuckles in my mind and I laugh internally in response. 

We begin to circle each other in human form, until she finally lunges at me. I swiftly dodge and the crowd gasps. 

...

Chase 

"Is there any chance of her winning this?" I ask Turner as we watch my mate and Nicole circle each other in the ring. 

"I am sorry Alpha, but the chances are very low." Turner tells me regretfully. "She has no skill and in our lesson she was on the defensive." I growl in response. 

"You never should have let her fight. If something happens to her it is your fault."  Ajax spits out in my mind, clearly pissed that I let our mate get into a dangerous situation. I just ignore him and watch the fight. 

When I focus back on the fight Nicole has now shifted into wolf form, while Scarlett is still in human form without a scratch on her. Nicole keeps charging Scarlett, but she blocks repeatedly. The fight is becoming more intense, but Scarlett appears to be toying with Nicole. Nicole is bleeding from many wounds and is littered with bruises, while Scarlett is just dodging and landing hits, all while keeping a devious smirk on her lips. 

"How is she doing this?" Turner asks me stunned. "She was horrible when I was training her yesterday." 

"I am not sure." I tell him honestly. 

Suddenly, Scarlett has Nicole pinned to the ground. "Surrender, now!" Scarlett commands, her voice dripping with authority. Nicole shifts back and bares her neck to Scarlett. "Never underestimate your opponent." She whispers into Nicole's ear, but we heard thanks to our werewolf hearing. 

Scarlett then gets up and marches off into the woods. Leaving everyone shocked and speechless. The whole pack just witness who they thought to be a rogue who I took in because she was too weak to live on her own, absolutely crush our lead female warrior and do so without breaking a sweat.