Chapter 5

Suddenly, Rick is there and opens fire, right into the mummy's mouth and says, "Close your eyes Alex."

Alex scrunches his eyes closed as Rick pulls the trigger, the mummy's head blown clean off.

Jonathan starts to shift down on a bridge. Rick looks at Ardeth and says, "You all right?"

Ardeth looks at me and said, "I am fine. Harri blocked most of the blows."

Rick then gives Evy a wide grin. She gives him a simpering smile, then lifts a finger and curls it, gesturing for him to come hither. He does. She grabs him and they kiss gently.

Jonathan and Alex both roll their eyes in disgust while I laugh at them. Alex walks off down the aisle, shaking his head. The bus slowly clatters to a stop.

Rick and Evy look into each other's eyes full of love and Rick sighs in fake upset, "Are all librarians this much trouble?" They both smile.

Suddenly, we hear Alex scream. He was pulled out of the bus by Lock-Nah.

Evy screams, "Alex!"

Rick practically throws himself down the aisle. He makes it to the window in time to see Alex struggling with Lock-Nah and several red turbaned men on top of a flatbed truck, which whips around, and charges back out onto the bridge.

Rick tears out of the bus with Evy, Jonathan and I right on his tail. He races after the truck, but the Tower's drawbridge starts to rise in front of him, cutting him off.

I look quickly at Evy and say hurriedly, "I'm going with him."

Evy looks at me, crying and nods, "Go!"

I left with a pop, and apparated right next to Alex and Lock-Nah in the vehicle. I quickly said, "Stupify!" they all freeze, except the driver, and I narrowed my eyes, "Now, here's what's going to happen, gentlemen. I am going to un-freeze you, and you are not going to touch us. We will go willingly, but I am not leaving the boy. Blink once if you all understand."

Once I got everyone's blinks, I said, "Renervate." Once they were as they were before, I looked to Alex and said, "Don't worry, Alex. I'll be with you. Always."

He just whimpered and crushed himself against me.

I noticed Lock-Nah watching me and I narrowed my eyes again and hissed, "What are you looking at?"

He quickly averted his eyes, and soon we were at a train station. I was wondering why we were here, when I see the woman from before and the High Priest come out.

The woman looks at me calculatingly, but the High Priest bows to me and said, "Ooh-Saht. We did not think you would come."

I sniffed the air in fake self-importance and said, "The boy is mine. I always come after what is mine."

The High Priest gulps and said, "Let us be on our way. You... and the boy will get rooms aboard."

As I passed the woman, I looked in her eyes. I could tell when she saw my eyes glow, for she immediately looks away. I looked back at the Priest with a fierce grin and said, "Lead the way."

He leads us to a room that was a bit small but would serve its purpose. I looked around and noticed the audience I had. Without turning back, I said, "Let me recap what I said to those that were with me in the car. You are not to touch us. We will go willingly, but I am not, and will not, leave this boy." I then turned to them, letting my magic seep into the carriage, making the air thick, and said, "Am I clear?"

I see several turban men gulp, and the High Priest bows, "Of course."

I then turned to Alex, ignoring the people behind me, pulling my magic back in and said with a gentle smile, "Let's make this room better huh?" With a flick of my wand, made the room larger, and I transfigured the bed into something softer and more comfortable. I added shelves and a table with two chairs, a sofa, and a small fridge. Then I reached into my bag and pulled out several books, and a couple plants, and put them on the shelves. I then took out several trinkets and even some fruit and put it into a transfigured bowl.

 I then took out several trinkets and even some fruit and put it into a transfigured bowl

I looked at Alex, who no longer looked scared and he whispered, "Wow."

I took a peek at the others, and their eyes were wide. I gave them a fierce grin and said, "Good night." Then I slammed the door in their faces, and warded the entire room, making sure that no one, not even Imhotep himself, could get in here.

I looked back at Alex and said, "Are you hungry Alex?" He nodded and I let him choose some fruit. I then said, "Expecto patronum." My stag burst forth from my wand and bowed to me. I smiled and said, "Evy, Rick I am with your son. We are both safe. Head to Karnak. I will tell you where to go each time the image from the bracelet switches. Also, we love you."

It was several minutes later, and Alex was finished with his food. I laid on the bed and said, "Alex, come here and let me tell you a story." He crawled over to me, and I accio'd The Beetle and The Bard and said, "Let's try and rest. I warded the room. You can sleep safely tonight." He nodded and soon I was telling him all about the three brothers, and he fell asleep with a smile on his face. I looked out the window, wondering what tomorrow will bring.