Chapter 7

It was the next day when things came to a head. We ended up stopping in Karnak, and I led Alex off the train to see if the bracelet would show him anything. We get to the middle of the temple and suddenly Alex gasps. I cannot see what he sees.

Finally, it ends, and he says, "It's the Temple Island of Philae. That's where we go next."

I nod at Alex, and give his shoulder a squeeze, "I am so glad you have your mother's brains. Well done love."

Suddenly, we see Imhotep stride forward, and I say louder, "We need to go to the Temple Island of Philae."

He nodded, and said, "We shall leave momentarily, but there is something I must do first." He motions for the woman to follow him, and I suddenly knew what he was going to do.

I gave him a small smile, "I hope it's worth it." And before he could reply, I turned from them and said to Alex, "Come. Let us go and look at this temple and see if we can find some cool writings."

Alex beams, and Lock-Nah follows us with a couple men. We spent the next half-hour there before I see Imhotep coming forward, Anck-su-namun behind him.

He smiles at me and says, "Let us be on our way."

I nodded and noticed the glare she sent him behind his back while he was looking at me. She then glares at me and I raise my eyebrow. I then completely ignore her and usher Alex back on the train.

Alex seemed to notice Anck-su-namun's demeanor and he mock whispered, "I don't think she likes you."

I snickered and said, "Well, can't please everybody."

We then got into our room and I cast the patronus charm again and said, "We have been given the new location. The Temple Island of Philae. We are still safe. Love you."

It was late in the evening when there was a wrap on our door. I stared at it in confusion, but carefully got up, making sure that Alex was fast asleep.

I opened it up to see Lock-Nah. He bowed and said, "Lord Imhotep wishes your presence."

I rolled my eyes, looked back at Alex, and carefully stepped out of the room. I warded it again and looked at the other men in the carriage. I narrowed my eyes and said, "Don't attempt to go in that room. I say attempt because you will not get in. I will know."

I then swept out of the room and headed with Lock-Nah towards Imhotep's carriage. I entered and noticed that Anck-su-namun was missing.

I saw him sitting near some incense and went over. Lock-Nah bowed, then left us alone. We were both quiet for a time and I finally said, "Is there a reason I am here?"

Imhotep looked at me and said, "You have always been honest with me." I nodded. Where was this going? He continued, "Tell me then, where did I go wrong?"

I was confused, and said, "I'm not sure I follow."

He sighed and said, "I was so happy to have Anck-su-namun back. But... she is different."

I rose an eyebrow and said dryly, "Could it be the thousands of years in the underworld?" He gave me a slight glare and I sighed, "I do not know, Imhotep. I am unsure how love works, to be honest."

He looked surprised and said, "You do not?"

I grimaced, "I mean, I've seen people in love. But I have never held that emotion myself, except platonically."