Chapter 6

(I am making the story a bit different from here on out, but I hope you guys still like it!)

***

The next morning there was a knock on the door. I had already been up and freshened up with new clothes, and made sure Alex changed as well.

I opened the door to see the High Priest and the woman standing there. He said, "Lord Imhotep wishes to see you... and the boy."

I nodded and said, "Come Alex." I held out my hand and he took hold of it quickly. As we were on our way, Alex noticed that the woman was holding something.

"Hey," he said with excitement, "The Book of the Dead!"

The woman sneers and says in sarcasm, "What a bright, little child."

I held my tongue, seeing as Alex didn't know any better, but I glared at her. We come to a door, and before we go in, another door slides open and three men walk in, looking cocky.

 We come to a door, and before we go in, another door slides open and three men walk in, looking cocky

The High Priest looks eager, "Did you acquire it?"

One of them snorts and says, "Oh, we 'acquired it' all right. 'ad to kill two a' them guards at the museum to acquire it." The one behind him then pulls out a chest. It seems similar to the chest the American's dug up before, and I knew what was going to happen to these three. I was not sad to see them go.

The one that pulled out the chest looked grim, "This chest is cursed. It says there is one, the undead, who will kill all those who open this chest—"

The High Priest then said with sarcasm, "Yes, yes, and suck them dry and then he'll become whole again. We've all heard the story before."

The first guy looked calculating and said, "I 'erd the American chaps who found it nine years ago all died, 'orrible deaths they were."

The third guy smiled crookedly and said, "So we want five thousand."

Lock-Nah seemed furious, and said, "The deal was for two!"

The third guy shrugged and said, "We want five or we'll sell it elsewhere."

Lock-Nah reaches for his weapon, but the woman stops him. She then turns to the men with a customer service smile and says, "Five will be fine gentlemen." She then turns to the door we were going to go in earlier and says, "Follow me, gentlemen, and you shall receive all that you deserve."

I snickered as they followed her, and Alex asks, "What's funny Harri?"

I look down on him and said, "Well, those are bad men, right?" He nods, and I said, "What she said about them receiving what they deserve, made it seem funny, since they don't deserve anything nice, right?"

Alex snickers with me. We waited for a few minutes, then the woman came back and said, "He shall receive you two now."

We stepped in the car, and the interior of it had been transformed into an Ancient Egyptian temple, lit by torches and incense. Alex and I are escorted up to a hooded figure.

Lock-Nah bows down and the figure turns around.

Alex screams. It's Imhotep, fully regenerated.

Imhotep begins speaking Ancient Egyptian and it slowly morphs into English, which I was surprised he knew, "Keetash issirian ilm it is you who are the chosen one, you who will take me to Ahm Shere."

Alex blinks, and holds my hand tighter, then says, "What if I don't? What if I get a little, lost?"

Imhotep smiles and said, "You have strength little one, you are your father's son." He then gives me a quick look, then goes back to Alex, "But I know something you don't." He then uses his magic to make the bracelet on Alex's wrist float, "This bracelet is a gift and a curse. The sands of time have already begun to pour against you. From the moment the bracelet takes hold of your wrist, seven days do you have to enter the pyramid of Ahm Shere, and then..."

He stops and looks at the bracelet. Alex gets even more frightened and says, "Yeah? And then?!"

He looks at Alex with pity and says, "And then it will suck the life out of you."

I gasp and say, "That's in five days!"

He looked at me and said, "It would be best if he didn't get lost."

Alex gives him a hard glare and said, "My dad is going to kick your ass."

I couldn't help it. I laughed. Alex beamed at me. Lock-Nah looked at me wide-eyed, and Imhotep just gave a wry grin.

He then said to me in ancient Egyptian, "Why have you come?"

I sniffed, pretending to be offended and said, "The boy is one of mine. Of course, I would come."

He nodded and said, "You are most welcome."

I smirked, "Even if I weren't, I would still be here." I then gave him a sad grin, "So, how is having your love back?"

He grimaced and said haltingly, "She is... not as she was. She may be her in body, but Anck-su-namun's spirit is still in the underworld."

I nodded and said, "And this woman will... sacrifice herself and have a new soul?"

He nodded, "It shall be done soon. Then everything will be in place."

I just looked at him sadly and said, "I hope you are right." I then looked at Alex, who seemed to be hanging on our every word, "I should get back to our room."

Imhotep nodded and said, "Till next time."

I nodded and said, "Till next time."

When we left the room Alex burst, "I didn't know you knew Imhotep!"

I laughed and said, "Of course I know him! I was there the first time!"

Alex nodded and said in confusion, "Why doesn't he hate you? He hates my mother and father... but not you."

I shrugged and said with a wink, "I'm easy to love kid." He just grins.

Lock-Nah mumbled, "Or scary to go against." I turned around, and his eyes widened.

I gave him a fierce grin, "That too."

We spent the rest of the day in our room, playing games and reading. It was pretty low-key, but I was thankful that no one thought to interrupt us.