Chapter 11

Evy interrupts their fight; Anck-su-namun looks shocked. She backs away from Jonathan and says, "Nefertiri."

Evy grabs another small trident off the wall, the same one Anck-su-namun is holding and says, "Anck-su-namun."

They both raise their weapons, and I make Alex head towards his father, quickly healing Jonathan on the way. He gives me a grateful look and says, "Thanks Harri."

We come into the chamber just as the Scorpion King does. Everyone is frozen. I see Rick and Imhotep stare in awe at the horrid creature, then they look at each other, then back at the Scorpion King. The two men break away from each other and back off in opposite directions, keeping their eyes on the creature.

The Scorpion King suddenly and quite angrily scuttles up to Imhotep. Imhotep backs away, then, thinking quick, he grabs his scalp and kneels down, yelling, "Mi Phat Ahs! Mi Phat Ahs!" (I am your disciple!)

I was both horrified and happy that the Scorpion King turned from Imhotep. But then his gaze fell on Rick, who screamed, "My fat ass! My fat ass!"

I almost lost it. If this weren't so dire, I would have died from laughter. But my enjoyment quickly turns sour as the Scorpion King lashes down at him with one of his big skeletal pincers.

Rick dives out of the way just as the pincers shear through the pillar. He runs like hell in the opposite direction. The High Priest suddenly stumbles into his path, holding his stump and whimpering.

Rick, quick thinkingly, grabs a helmet off a statue, slaps it onto the High Priest's head, then turns him around and kicks him in the ass, sending him towards the Scorpion King. The High Priest looks up in stunned amazement as the Scorpion King storms up to him.

The High Priest suddenly recovers and yells, "Mi Phat Ahs! Mi Phat Ahs!" He pats his head, but the helmet is covering his skull. His eyes widen in panic. He quickly tries to get the helmet off, but it's stuck tight to his head. The Scorpion King's pincers grab the High Priest around the waist and lift him up. The High Priest screams in terror, and the pincers cut him in half.

I quickly covered Alex's eyes, telling him, "Alex. I am going to make you and Jonathan invisible. Do not make noise. Keep your eyes closed, and whatever you do, don't move."

They both nod, and I cast the spell. I then slowly make my way forward, trying not to come in the creature's sight. I watch as Rick is slammed up against a wall next to a life-sized cartouche of a man. He shakes himself off, then seems to notice the cartouche. I look as well and I'm surprised! It's actually holding the scepter of Osiris, and then Ricks eyes get really big.

The Scorpion King's tail suddenly pulverizes the cartouche, missing Rick's head by an inch

The Scorpion King's tail suddenly pulverizes the cartouche, missing Rick's head by an inch. Rick leaps away, dives and rolls, then pops up on his feet. He mumbles, "Okay, okay. I'm a believer. I'm a believer."

He looks back at the cartouche wall, and so do I. There's a pictograph with multiple cartouches of the same man: holding the Scepter of Osiris. He's fiddling with the head of it; and then telescoping it out into a spear! The last cartouche shows the man throwing the spear at a likeness of the Scorpion King.

Rick grins and says, "That's it!" Then ducks as the Scorpion King's tail whips over his head and takes out another pillar. He takes off running.

As Rick is running, he sees me and yells, "Hey Harri! Get me that scepter!"

I salute him and accio it to myself and said, "On it boss!"

I then notice that Imhotep sees me. He looks at me, then at the scepter, and says, "The scepter of Osiris!"

The Scorpion King's pincers and stingers slash and tear their way through the pillars and walls, trying to kill Rick. I am trying to decipher the hieratic on the scepter.

Imhotep charged across the cavern, heading for me with pleading eyes, "Please. Help me!"

Anck-su-namun and Evy race in and they both skid to a stop as they see the Scorpion King's pincer swat Rick.

Evy yells, "Rick!"

Rick spirals through the air, and before he can slam into a wall, I use my magic to cushion his fall. He ends up landing on his ass, spread-eagled.

He sees Evy and his face twists, half smiling, half crying, "Oh my god, Evy." He quickly moves as The Scorpion King's stinger slams down between his legs, smashing a hole in the floor. Rick leaps to his feet and grabs his trident off the floor, suddenly full of life, yelling to me, "Hurry up and use that thing, will ya!!"

He whips the trident at the Scorpion King, but it just bounces harmlessly off his shell.

Imhotep is twenty feet away from me and closing quickly. I finally figured it out, and the scepter slides open, revealing a sharp tip. I then telescope it out another four feet until it looks just like the spear in the picture.

I see Imhotep coming, and with a sad look, I launch it at the Rick.

Imhotep yells, "Niiiiiiy!"

The spear spins across the room like a propeller. Rick leaps up and grabs it out of the air. He hits the ground running and heaves the spear back at the Scorpion King. It nails him right in the chest.

With a terrifying scream of pain and rage, the Scorpion King staggers back.

Imhotep runs towards the Scorpion King howling in rage, "Niiiiiy!" he looks back at me with betrayal. I just keep watching him with sad eyes.