Chapter 140

Chapter 140

Andy's POV

*One Month Later*

Today is Christmas Eve and this is the hardest holiday season I've ever had. It just doesn't feel like the holidays without ShyAnne. I haven't had one holiday without ShyAnne since we met so it just didn't feel right. We had Thanksgiving dinner last month a few days after Callie came home. I obviously spent it with my kids and parents, and ShyAnne's parents dropped by for dinner and then went back to the hospital.

I'm spending all day at the hospital today with ShyAnne and then plan to be home all day tomorrow to celebrate Christmas with my family. They've started to wean Chloe off of her ventilator which means she could be going home within the next month. They're also hoping to send Carter home within the next few days. I finally feel like I've gotten into a rhythm with Callie, so I hope having Carter home won't throw off that rhythm too much. 

"Merry Christmas." Her mom said cheerily as I walked into ShyAnne's room.

"Merry Christmas." I nodded, closing the door behind me. "How has she been?" I asked. I hadn't been here in a few days because I've been so wrapped up with everything at home.

"Same old, same old." She said, shaking her head. "I think she is close to waking up though because she's started to stir a bit." I sighed and sat down in an empty chair. As soon as I sat down, I heard what I thought was ShyAnne groaning. My head snapped to ShyAnne but she didn't move. I turned to look at her parents and they both had wide eyes.

"Did you guys hear that too?" I asked and they nodded. I stood up and walked over to ShyAnne.

"ShyAnne?" I asked and her lips parted ever so slightly as she groaned again. I grabbed her hand and held it tight. "ShyAnne, if you can hear me, squeeze my hand." She squeezed my hand tightly and my heart skipped a beat. I pushed her hair out of her face with my free hand and kissed her hand. Her eyes fluttered open, the bright light causing her to squint and groan again. "ShyAnne, baby." I said, tears flowing from my eyes.

"W-Where are my babies?" She asked.

"They're just fine baby." I said, a huge smile on my face. Nurses rushed into the room and pushed me away.

"I want to see my babies." ShyAnne started to cry as nurses were checking her vitals and swarming her. "I want to see my babies." She repeated, trying to push the nurses away. "I WANT TO SEE MY BABIES!" She screamed. I sat in the chair and clutched my heart, tears falling from my eyes. My heart absolutely broke for her.

"Sorry ma'am, we need to get you down for a CT scan." One of the nurses said.

"I DON'T CARE! I JUST WANT TO SEE MY BABIES!"

"Please, can I just talk to her for a second and calm her down?" I asked and they nodded. I walked up to my wife and grabbed her hand tightly.

"ShyAnne, look at me. Look at me." I demanded and she settled down, her breathing still slightly rapid as she looked up into my eyes. "Our babies are perfect. They're okay and they're growing and they're thriving. Callie is already home, Carter and Chloe are on their way home. I'll tell you more later but you have to cooperate with these nurses so that you can get home with us. Do we have a deal?" I asked and she nodded. I leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her lips before stepping away to allow the nurses to get ready to move her. They unlocked her bed and wheeled it out of the room.

"That was unexpected." I sighed, sitting down in a chair.

"Let's just hope you calmed her down a bit." Her mom said.