Chapter 21: Christmas in San Francisco

ShyAnne's POV

*One Month Later*

I turned off the car and Andy got out, grabbing our bags from the backseat. We walked up to my parents' front door and I knocked.

"ShyAnne!" My mom exclaimed, pulling me into a hug.

"Hi mom!" I said, hugging her back.

"Hello Andy!" She said with a smile, hugging him as well.

"Hello Mrs. Miller." Andy said, hugging her back.

"Come in, come in." She said, stepping aside and we walked in. "You can go get settled upstairs." She said and we nodded, walking upstairs. Even though I live twenty minutes away, it's easier to stay at my parents for a few days and not miss out on family time by driving. I opened the door to my old bedroom and Andy followed me, closing the door behind him and placing our bags on the bed. We were only going to be here for three days so our bags were small.

"So this is your old bedroom." Andy said, looking around.

"Yeah." I said as he sat on the bed and it creaked. He bounced a few times and smirked at me. 

"I guess we're not fucking here either." He said and I smacked his arm.

"Is that all you think about?"

"Yes." He said, standing up. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I kissed him back and then we pulled away. We left the room and went downstairs to rejoin my parents.

"Shybear!" My dad exclaimed, running over to me and hugging me.

"Daaaaad!" I whined. "What did I tell you last year!"

"Sorry, sorry." He said. "Nice to see you Andy." My dad extended his hand out to Andy for a handshake.

"You too Mr. Miller." Andy said, shaking my dad's hand. We sat down in the living room and talked for a bit until my mom got up to start dinner. I joined her and Andy stayed in the living room, watching football with my dad. My mom and I caught up and cooked dinner together. As we cooked dinner, other family began to arrive. We finished dinner and called everyone to the table. It was nice sitting down with my extended family and catching up with them.

"So ShyAnne, any wedding or grandbabies on the horizon?" My mom asked and I dropped my fork on my plate and it made a loud clink sound.

"God damnit, why does this keep coming up!" I exclaimed which caused everyone to stop their conversations and stare at me. "Excuse me." I said, throwing the napkin on my lap onto the table and rushing up to my bedroom. I slammed the door shut behind me and took a few deep breaths as tears streamed from my eyes. There was a knock on the door and Andy walked in.

"ShyAnne, baby, what's wrong?"

"I just feel so rushed! Our relationship has been moving along very nicely and all these questions about the future are freaking me out! We've only been together for one year for God's sake!" Andy held me close to his body and stroked my hair as I cried.

"ShyAnne, it's okay. No one can tell us when to do anything. Any decisions we make from here on out are our decisions and our decisions alone. Don't let anybody stress you out, okay baby?" He reassured me and I nodded, wiping the tears from my face.

"I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's okay." He said. I took a few more minutes to calm down and then the two of us rejoined everyone at dinner.

"Honey, I'm sorry." My mom said, reaching across the table to touch my hand. I yanked it away as I stared at my plate.

"It's fine. Can we just change the subject." I said as I shoved a large bite of food into my mouth.

The rest of the night was uneventful and Andy and I spent the time conversing with my family. When everyone decided to go to bed, Andy and I went upstairs to our room. We got ready for bed and snuggled into bed, cuddling each other to sleep.

***

We woke up the next morning and walked downstairs to be smacked in the face by the smell of pancakes and syrup.

"Good morning!" My mom said as we walked into the kitchen, flipping a pancake. Grab some pancakes." She said, gesturing to the stack of cooked pancakes. Andy and I made ourselves a plate and sat down at the table with the rest of my family that had started eating their breakfast. We added syrup and began eating, making small talk with those at the table. 

After breakfast, we walked upstairs to go get ready for the day. I pulled on a pair of ripped jeans and a black sweater. Andy had on a pair of black jeans and a thin, black, long sleeved shirt. We walked downstairs and sat in the living room, making more small talk with my family.

Once everyone was ready, we piled in the cars and drove to Union Square where there was a giant ice rink set up. Andy and I put on our skates and skated around.

"Feel similar to last Christmas?" I asked Andy and we both laughed. After ice skating we did some sight seeing, including the Sugar Castle at the Westin St. Francis and the giant, walk through gingerbread house at the Fairmont.

After sight seeing, we had tickets to go see A Christmas Carol at the American Conservatory Theater. It was a great show and I really enjoyed it. It's a family tradition every year. We ended the day with Joy at the San Francisco Zoo which was a huge light display.

The next morning was Christmas morning and we were woken up by one of my little cousins bursting into our room.

"SANTA CAME! SANTA CAME! SANTA CAME!" As quickly as she was here, she left to go wake up the other adults. I groaned and pulled myself out of bed.

"Come on Andy, Santa came." I smirked and he dragged himself out of bed, the two of us walking down to join the rest of our family in the living room. One of the cousins passed out all the gifts to everyone and everyone tore into them. I got mainly gift cards, cash, and clothes. Andy mainly got cash, which makes sense because no one really knows what he likes.

"This one's from me." Andy said as I grabbed my last present. I unwrapped it to find a long, thin rectangular box. I opened it up to reveal a small silver bracelet. There was an infinity symbol on the bracelet with our names as part of the symbol.

 There was an infinity symbol on the bracelet with our names as part of the symbol

"Andy, it's beautiful." I said with a smile, taking it out of the box. He helped me put it on and I admired it in the light. "It's fits perfectly." I said. "I love you so much."

"I love you too ShyAnne." He said as we kissed.

******************************************************************************

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER