Chapter 20: Thanksgiving in Ohio

ShyAnne's POV

*Three Months Later*

Andy and I shuffled off the plane and walked out into the airport. We held hands as we walked to baggage claim. We were visiting his family in Ohio for a few days for Thanksgiving. We made it to baggage claim and saw his parents standing by our carousel. 

"Andy! ShyAnne!" His mom exclaimed, running over to hug us.

"Hi mom." Andy said, hugging her back.

"Hi Amy." I said, hugging her.

"Hi dad!" Andy said as he walked over to his dad and gave him a hug.

"Hey Chris." I smiled, hugging him too. Andy grabbed our bags and walked back over to us.

"Shall we get going?" Andy asked and we all agreed. Andy carried our bags to his parents' car and we all got in, going to their house.

"It's so nice to see you again, ShyAnne." Amy said.

"It's nice to see you too. I always like going somewhere actually cold in winter for a change." I laughed.

"You were born and raised in California, weren't you?"

"Yes ma'am. I've lived my entire life in San Francisco."

"Well, that'll change when you move to LA with Andy, right?" She laughed.

"Haha, yeah." I nervously chuckled. Andy and I specifically avoid the topic of us moving in together.

"Well, you should visit in the summertime. It's a whole different state." She said, thankfully changing the subject.

"We'll have to make a trip out when someone isn't busy." I said with a laugh, looking at Andy.

"Soooorry, I've got to work." He chuckled. We arrived at their house and got out of the car. Andy grabbed our bags and we walked in.

"Well, you know where your room is. I'll let you guys get settled and I'll get dinner started." Amy said, heading towards the kitchen. Andy grabbed our bags and I followed him to our room.

"So, how do you feel about fucking in my childhood bedroom." Andy winked.

"Yeah, I'd rather them not hear us." I said.

"They won't." Andy reassured.

"Oh really?" I sat on the bed and bounced on it a few times. It let out a few creaks and Andy's smirk fell off his face.

"Oh yeah, I guess they would." He said and I giggled. We unpacked our essential things and then headed downstairs. Andy went to go hang out with his dad and I joined Amy in the kitchen. I helped her cook dinner and we got to talk while we did it.

When dinner was ready, we all sat at the table and began eating.

"So, any marriage or babies on the horizon?" His mom asked and Andy almost choked on his water.

"Mom! We've only been together a year. We're taking it slow." Andy said.

"Sorry, sorry. You guys are just the perfect couple." She said with a huge smile. "But, you are my only child and I want grandchildren." She said.

"Don't worry mom, you'll get grandchildren. Just give it a minute." He chuckled. Children? Grandchildren? Oh God, Andy and I have never talked about children. He wants children? Oh my god, oh my god.

"Excuse me." I said, standing up and walking to the bathroom. I closed and locked the door, gripping onto the sink as I hyperventilated. I calmed myself down, flushed the toilet, and walked back out to join them for dinner.

*The Next Day*

Today is Thanksgiving and we were up early to prepare. I was wearing an olive green dress that went down to my knees. It was a wrap dress with long, flowing sleeves. I was also wearing tan heels. I brushed and curled my hair, putting on some neutral makeup. We drove to one of Andy's family member's house that was bigger and able to hold more people. 

Amy and I joined the other girls cooking in the kitchen while the guys watched football in the living room. It was nice getting to socialize with Andy's family while we cooked. We set the table and everyone sat down to eat. The food was all so good and the conversations were great.

"So, how long have you and Andy been dating again?" One of Andy's cousins asked.

"We just celebrated our one year anniversary in August." I said with a smile, giving Andy's hand a small squeeze. Everyone awed.

"So you live in San Francisco?" Another cousin asked.

"I do, it's a five hour drive between us, but it's worth it when either one of us has time to make the trip." Everyone awed again.

*Three Days Later*

"It's going to be so sad not seeing you at Christmas!" Amy exclaimed as she hugged Andy when they were dropping us off at the airport.

"I know, but we'll try to make a trip out here in the summer, okay?" He said and she agreed. We both said goodbye and went to go check our bags.

*************************************************************************************

Sorry it was short but I'm tired lol

3 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER (NO SPAM)