O O . O 1

[ monday ]

the start of the week

the start of the week. as usual, you sat at the very last chair at the back of the train. with your earphones plugged into your phone, bag under your feet, you began the 20 minute journey to school.

you loved the subway. people never bothered you and never asked any questions. you hated speaking to people, trying to start or find a conversation starter was just too much. even the thought annoyed you.

your brows furrowed as an ad interrupted your music and you turned down the volume to avoid the agitating voice.

you looked up to see how many people were in the train with you. the nice old lady that you helped last month with her raspberry pink scarf and big round glasses that made her eyes look big and cute.

the man with the green hat that looked like he was going to some important meeting but always reads a book about insects which reminds you about the spider that you drowned this morning with your shower head while you were taking a shower.

the twins that looked like they were in middle school and were always holding hands to not lose each other in the thick crowd that appeared once the doors opened.

and the boy that sat across from you and three seats to the left. you were sure he went to your school since you were wearing identical uniforms and you weren't even sure if you saw him before. but honestly, you didn't really care.

you sighed before putting the volume back up and softly humming along with the music. form the corner of your eye you saw the boy look at you before looking away, just missing your gaze when you looked up at him.

you heard the pa announcing you have made it at your stop and without sparing a second, you stood up, picking your bag up and walking out of the train.