O O . 2 2

akaashi's eyebrows furrowed

akaashi's eyebrows furrowed. but his eyes showed a sudden sadness.

"what?" you squeezed your eyes shut, clenching your fists. "it's all my fault. i assumed things too quickly and hurt both of us in the process. i was being so selfish and ignored you for almost the whole week, with you not even knowing why."

akaashi's eyes drifted down to your shaking, clenched fists, your nails digging into your flesh. "y/n. it's-"

"don't say it's okay!" you raised your shaky voice a little. "it's not okay. i'm a horrible friend and ill understand if you don't want to be friends with me anymore. or if you don't want anything to do with me-"

but your cracking voice paused when you felt a warm hand lay on your cold one. your breath hitched and you opened your wet eyes. "stop."

akaashi was kneeling before you on both knees, his hands holding your own and gently unclenching them. "your hurting yourself." his face held a small, soft smile before looking into your eyes.

his hands then went up to your face, wiping the fresh fallen tears. "we all make mistakes. and i know you will tell me everything when you're comfortable but it's getting late." you nodded, looking back down.

"and whatever it is, i forgive you y/n. i treasure our friendship and even the best of friends fight. it's almost unhealthy if you keep everything bottled up." he stood up, pulling you up aswell.

"we're you angry at me? are you angry at me." he shook his head "i was a bit upset but that morning in the gym, i knew there was something wrong and that you needed time to figure it out." you smiled gently and nodded.

"thank you, keiji." the boy blushed slightly at the use of his name before nodding.

you stood i from of your door, the sound of distant cars and crickets blending in with the comfortable silence. "so, you going to the festival tomorrow?" you looked at you and nodded before looking away. "yeah. the team is going. what about you?" you sighed heavily. "same here, but i have to work in that stupid class cafe and then i'll hang out with harumi."

he nodded before laughing. you raised an eyebrow. "so your going to wear a maid costume?" he continued laughing as you groaned and you felt your cheeks going red. "stopp. i'm already embarrassed as it is. and you have to do it as well so you have no say in this."

he chuckled "well i'm only bringing in the food. i don't have to stay." you pouted and looked away. you looked back at his slightly taller form.

he calmed down before just looking into your eyes. then, unexpectedly, gently pushed your head into his chest.

he waited to see your reaction and to his relief, your arms wrapped around his abdomen, his around your shoulders.

you just stayed like that for a couple of minutes, basking in each others presence and taking in each others scent.

it reminded you of that time when akaashi gave you his volleyball jacket which made you quickly separate from his embrace.

he thought you didn't like it until he saw your face. "wait here!" unlocking your door and quickly kicking off your shoes, you sprinted up the stairs.

all akaashi could hear was thumping all around your room and drawers being opened, along with a 'ow!' until he saw you run back down.

"i cant believe i forgot about this!" you held out the neatly folded jacket.

he chuckled. "i wondered where i put this. i thought i lost it." your face turned red, as you held it out for him to take, but the item stayed in your hand.

instead, akaashi gently pushed your hand that was holding the jacket back into your chest. "keep it." you let out a 'huh?'

and this time akaashi had a gentle crimson displaying on his cheeks, just about visible under the night sky. "i-i don't really need it since it's not that cold anymore. and it looks better on you anyway." you blushed aswell and nodded.

"well, i'll see you tomorrow?" you nodded. "see you tomorrow keiji. text me when you make it home safe." he nodded with a smile. "of course. night y/n."