O O . 2 6

the day turned into the afternoon and before you knew it—you were sitting in a chair back in your classroom with your bag at your feet

the day turned into the afternoon and before you knew it—you were sitting in a chair back in your classroom with your bag at your feet. you and harumi were meant to go to the town festival together but she texted you last minute that she will meet you there instead.

your mind drifted to akaashi. honestly, you were getting almost exhausted at how many hints you were giving him but it's not like you haven't realised him showing little bits of affection here and there. yes you are dense but not that dense.

standing up, you sling the bag tiredly onto your shoulder and made you way out of the classroom, down the stairs. you put on your outdoor shoes, putting your indoor shoes in your locker and walked out of the school building.

there were a couple of people still around the place. if not cleaning up then just hanging out—some trying to get back to the comfort of their homes.

you took the subway home, slightly regretting not taking your car as you would get home twice as fast, but not at the same time since you got to see akaashi this morning.

you payed for the ticket and got on, taking a seat at the back. you looked across from you, the seat akaashi used to sit in empty. then you looked at the seat next to you, where akaashi sat more often now that you two became really good friends.

but both seats were empty as akaashi and the team went to the festival together.

you wondered if he was going to watch the fireworks with the team as well. but now that you were really thinking about it, why did you even care so much? i mean, they're just some stupid fireworks.

maybe you were just too obsessed with the idea of the whole 'perfect confession during a fire work display' like you have seen in all those anime's.. or fan fictions that you have read about yuj- but that's not the point!

you sighed and closed your eyes like you have many times before.

'maybe i'll just stay at home?'

yeah sorry, not happening.

you were currently face timing harumi as she was somewhere at the side (at the festival) roaring at you at how you had the audacity of even considering the option of not going. like literally screaming at you. yelling her head off.

"okay okay! i'm sorry—yes haru i'm just picking my outfit. no i am not going to wear a mini skirt. i-ew what the hell? oh my god- haru i don't need con- okay you know what just see you there!" you clicked the red end call button as sweat dripped down the side of your face.

you ended up just wearing some loose jeans, paired with your black converse and a random crew neck with some jewellery. (if you want to wear something else then that's fine!)

grabbing your car keys, you made your way outside and locked the door as your mom was still out working. you got in the vehicle that you were gifted for when you passed your driving license and powered on the engine.

you pulled out of your driveway, backing up as you were holding onto the passenger seat, looking behind you. once you were on the road you released the wheel so the car could go straight.

*thump*

authors note; ik this chapter aint that good (none of them rlly r) but i just want to get to the last chapter which is coming up so 😛