O O . 2 9

"i swear that game was rigged!" akaashis hand was once again interlocked with yours as you were both now walking up the grassy hill

there was a medium sized frog in your other hand, the one that akaashi won for you after you had failed to knock all the ducks over and had an anger outburst resulting in keiji taking over.

he laughed at your statement and kept looking forward. "or maybe your aim is just really bad?" you gently shoved him. "shut up. but thank you at the same time." you glanced down at the frog with its cute little eyes and wide smile. "it's just so cute..."

you reached the top and akaashi pulls you up to help you up the steepest part of the hill. "let's go over there, we'll be able to see the fireworks better." you both leaned onto basically a 90° angle patch of grass.

you sighed. "i'm really surprised there's no ones up here. maybe because of the climb but the view is really nice." you looked down at your interlocked hands.

there was a comfortable silence between you two and you shut your eyes.

the air was warm as the slight breeze blew around.

"hey, y/n. can i ask you a question" you peeked one eye open before shutting it again. akaashis eyes were also closed. "sure. what's up?" he paused for a bit, listening to the white noise of the chattering crowd down below.

"what was the reason for you ignoring me? you know, when we didn't talk for almost a week." this time when you opened your eyes, you were staring into akaashis deep turquoise blue eyes.

"i-i" you didn't even know how to explain. he gently squeezed your hand. "if your not comfortable telling me that's completely fine." you shook your head. "no no. it's pretty childish anyways." he raised a brow.

"well it's not if it made you that upset. i feel like no matter how big or small a trouble is, it still is difficult for the person." you smiled gently at the male.

"well. i guess i was jealous." you broke the silence and you stared at eachother for a solid minute.

"oh?"

"agh, i told you it was stupid." you covered your face with your other hand from embarrassment. "i-it was that first year. i don't even know why i felt like that? i just feel so stupid and again, i'm so sorry."

you felt your hand being pulled away from your face and akaashis coming into view as he held it. his face held no emotion if you took a glimpse at it, but you could see the turmoil of emotions in his glassy eyes.

you took at his soft features. you always knew he was gorgeous but was even more up close.

"your so pretty keiji." and that was it. you felt something soft and warm press onto your lips. your eyes going wide before closing them and kissing back.

the kiss was short and sweet before akaashi pulled back. you pulled both your hands out of his grip before wrapping one hand round his neck and the other pressed against his sharp jaw.

your kiss was in sync and you felt keijis tongue graze your bottom lip. you let his tongue slip in and you battled for dominance before he won, the two of you then pulling away for air, panting softly.

"well, i'm not going to lie, it did hurt a bit but i guess if i saw you hanging out with some random guy all of a sudden i would feel the same." your eyes widened.

"so you-"

"yes. i like you y/n. and i have for a while to be honest. bokuto never shut up about you and i could never stop looking at you in class." you smiled at his words.

"well i like you too keiji."

you both got slightly startled as you heard a loud pop-cracking sound behind him accompanied by bright colours emitting from the sky.

the colours were reflecting in your eyes as you watched with a smile. you laid your head on akaashis shoulder and watched with amazement.

"how perfect is this." you heard akaashi hum. they didn't last long but when they did end, it was only 8:30 and decided to stay for a little while longer.

keiji then faced you again and gently kissed your lips before laying down on your chest, his eyes closing and arms wrapping around your waist.

"uh- are you just going to take a nap now"

"mhm."

you chuckled while wrapping your arms around him and looking up at the balls of gas millions of miles away.

'this is my happy place."

"