Chapter 1

Hey... you

My day started out like usual,waking up at 7 am,getting my guitar and playing it until my stomach hurt because I was so hungry, ate my breakfast which is usually just toast and a coffee to wash it down. Went upstairs, showered, got dressed, brushed my hair, and I'm not the type to get all dressed up so I just throw on a band shirt with black jeans and call it a day.

Y/N: "Pepper!"

I shout looking for my dog

Y/N: "walkies!"

And before you could say scrambled eggs, my dog was at my feet, waggling her tail waiting for me to put her collar and lead on.

I love morning's, it's so quiet and the only time of the day when I have nothing to do. Usually when I'm with my dog I just take her to the woods but today I was thinking of going downtown, cus usually the streets are empty at 8:30.

On the way to town I see this flyer on one of the poles which caught my attention:

Y/N: "oh my god... tomorrow? okay I need to practice! come on Pepper let's go home!" I say while speaking to myself.

As I'm pacing down the street with my dog sprinting alongside me, I see more and more people gathering in the street, looking at the flyers. In my head all I can think of is what I should play.

Not even looking where I'm going, too busy daydreaming, i turn a corner and ram into someone. We both crash hardly on the ground toppling over each other, leaving us both cringing at the pain from our knees and elbows.

Y/N: "Damn I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and I didn't mean to-"

The stranger cuts me off before I could finish.

?: "Haha no it's okay, you don't need to apologize.Is your dog okay?"

He says while letting out a small giggle, we both look down and see pepper waggling her tail and jumping up at me.

Y/N: "well, she seems to be fine I guess"

I say as we both laugh.

Y/N: "Oh and my name is y/n, y/n Hamlet, you?"

?: "Kirk, Kirk Hammett."

Kirk: "ahah that's funny, our second names are oddly similar."

He said while we giggle a little. When he was smiling I could see his cute dimples form. I found myself admiring them. At this point I was just staring and I finally snapped back into my life when he broke the awkward silence.

Kirk: "uh well" he says clearing his throat.
"I'll see you around, y/n"

Y/N: "Cya, Kirk."

Giving each other and awkward smile, we both walk off in opposite directions.

All I could think of in that moment was kirk. His long black curly hair, cute dimples, deep brown eyes, soft lips and his tan skin. They way he spoke to me with a slight kid-like but manly voice, his goofy smile along with his goofy laugh, broad shoulders with thin but muscular arms and his long legs fitted well in his black skinny jeans.

The thought of him kept going on and on in my mind, and from up the street someone shouts

?: "Kirk! Bro wait up!" I instantly look up to see who was shouting his name, it was a long blonde haired tall boy, who was wearing an AC/DC shirt, just like how I was. He too was wearing black jeans and had a nice smile to tie the look together. My eyes follow him as he runs toward Kirk and from a distance I can hear Kirk shout,

Kirk: "Yo! James! What's up bro?"

James... suits him.

Just like the nosey person I am, I went behind a bush to listen in on their conversation.

James: "have you seen those battle of the band posters?"

Kirk: "oh my god yes, I was just about to ask you if me, you Lars and Cliff were up for it."

James: "fuck yeh, I'll call the guys for a band practice. Cus aren't the auditions tomorrow?"

Kirk: "shit yeh they are, we better start soon."

James: "yeh come on, oh and also did you see that hot chick with the dog? I was about to stop and get her number"

As soon as he said That hot chick with the dog, my ego was boosted by 100%, but still, what is Kirk gonna say?

Kirk: "oh yeh her, she just ran into me a second ago, we both fell on the ground together"

James: "so who was on top?" James says as he grins

Kirk: "oh shut up" Kirk says as he nudges James. James is looking at him still waiting for an answer with a childish grin still on his face.

Kirk: "her..." he says while grinning as well.

James: "Do you think she's hot and did you get her number?" James says while they both start to walk off

Kirk: "yes 100% and no I did not, sadly" He says while James' smile dropped and gently punched him in the arm. They were getting further away but I could hear James say 'you dick!', which made me chuckle.

I walk off while thinking about nothing but then I remembered that James and Kirk were talking about battle of the bands, they were gonna be doing it, holy shit! Kirks' gonna be there! I better work my ass off tonight, this is my chance to impress Kirk.