Chapter 2

Hey... again

As soon as I got in, I plugged my guitar into my amp and quickly warmed up by doing a few riffs and cords. Luckily my parents aren't home yet because they wouldn't want my amp turned on inside my room. But I ignored that, found a few vinyls and placed them on my record player, I played along with the songs while singing them but still couldn't decide what to do, until I saw one vinyl standing out from the rest.

Love Gun by KISS

My instant thought was... fuck yeh.
And of course, i chose to play my favorite song in the album, Shock me. On the plus side, I had recently learned the solo which is definitely a bonus.

After a good 3 hours of playing. I turn off my amp and put my guitar away in its case ready for tomorrow. But then, from across the street, I hear a loud and I mean loud guitar and bass playing the intro to Children Of The Grave by Black Sabbath. and my first instinct was to ignore it; it was probably just some kids practicing for Battle of the bands. Which obviously was but the music stopped and I hear a familiar voice shout loudly.

"No no stop! Lars you don't come in until the 5th beat!"

James? Oh my, it is! I remember Kirk saying something about inviting 'Lars and Cliff over'. So wait, does that mean Kirk is there? I think as I get butterflies in my stomach.

Time passes and my parents are home, I can hear them talking about the music coming from James' house, they're sayings it's too loud and complete garbage, while I'm over here doing my homework and bopping the the free live music.

Dad: "Y/n! Could you come down for a sec?"

I reply with a yes, drop my pen and jog down the stairs to see my dad standing at the front door.

Y/n: "yeah dad?"

Dad: "could you do us a favour and go over to that house and tell them to turn it down?" Are you fucking kidding me? Me, a metal head, telling another bunch of metal heads to turn it down seems like the biggest crime to me.
But obviously I have to do it so i just simply reply with a small "yeh sure, give me one second though."

I quickly run back up the stairs and with the time I have, i brush my hair, put some gum in and spray a bit of perfume on my clothes and neck.

Making my way down the stairs and out the door I smile at my dad before leaving but instantly drop it when I shut the door behind me.

My heart it palpitating hard as I approach James' house. Scared as I am, I don't know whether to knock on the front door or on the garage door where they're playing. While adjusting my hair, I knock on the garage door and hear James say, "I'll get it". I inhale and exhale deeply before he pulls up the garage door.

James: "Oh, hey, can we help you?"

Kirk: "y/n?" Kirk says confused.

Y/n: uh hey guys, basically, my parents sent me here to tell you guys to turn it down, also they told me to tell you that they don't want to be listening to Black Sabbath all evening after work."

"But you're literally wearing a Black Sabbath shirt...?" I hear someone say from across the room. It's a guy sitting behind his drums all sweaty, with a small towel around his neck and a sweat band around his head.

And I'm guessing that's Lars cus when James was shouting earlier, he was talking about the drum beat coming in too early so I can already tell that this guy is a complete and utter twat.

Y/n: "I know, I'm completely fine with you guys playing it but you know... parents." I say a little embarrassed.

James: "So you want us to turn it down?" He's asks raising one eyebrow.

Y/n: "Well I don't but my parents"-

James cuts me off

James: " Haha I'm only joking! Wanna join? Cus there's no way we're turning this down." James exclaims.

Fuck it

Y/n: "sure why not aha" I say while uncontrollably smiling.

Kirk: "Hey, here's a chair" he says softly while placing it on the ground for me.

Y/n: "Thanks, Kirk" I say still uncontrollably smiling.

Kirk: "want anything to drink? Beer, soda? Water?"

I've never drank alcohol in my life but I gotta impress Kirk so, again, fuck it.

Y/n: "Um a beer please" I kindly smile.

Kirk: "Cliff can you grab y/n a beer?"

Cliff was so tall, he had the longest hair out of all of them, wearing all denim and a cool mustache.

Cliff: "yeah sure, Kirk you want another?"

Kirk: "yeah thanks bro"

Cliff: "James?"

James: "mhm" he mumbles as he takes his last sip of his beer

Cliff: "And Lars?"

Lars: "Hmm can you make me a coff"-

Cliff cuts him off before he could finished

Cliff: "no" he says as he walks out lighting a cigarette.

All of us laugh and see Lars grinning while rolling his eyes.

An hour goes by and I'm on my 5th beer, we're all laughing our heads off, and half the time when they were playing Kirk and I kept making eye contact which made my pupils widen in 'lust'.

Baring in mind, I smell of beer and cigarettes, I'm drunk and it's late, I can already imagine what's gonna happen when I get home. Everyone is packing up and kirk comes over to me.

Kirk: "Hey" his warm hand holds mine while helping me up from the chair.

Y/n: "Hey, again" i say with a dopey smile on my face.

Kirk: "shall I walk you back to yours? You might fall over on the way, and you'll need an explanation from just going to ask us to turn it down, to being drunk and stinking of sweaty boys, cigarettes and alcohol"

Kirk says while smiling, with his cute dimples again.

Y/n: "yes, I'd really appreciate that"

We make our way out with him gripping my waist with his arm. And obviously I'm not gonna walk in silence when I'm drunk so yay let's make him uncomfortable!

Y/n: you're really really really hot by the way...

Kirk: "oh haha thanks, you're not so bad yourself."

Y/n: "also, ever since I first bumped into you today, I couldn't stop think about your hair, eyes, lips and your surprisingly attractive legs"

I say like an idiot

Kirk: "Gee wiz y/n, you may have drank to much, but again, thanks haha"

I continue complimenting until we reach my door step, I turn to him and fist bump his hand and enter my house.

Before I shut the door I say "bye Kirky"
And then carefully close the door.

Although I'm getting yelled at like I just did drugs or something, I still had one of the best night of my life so far.