Chapter 5

Joelle's POV                      published: 02/18/2021

                         I'm already awake before the clock hit 7 AM. I kept waking up in the middle of the night so I decided to just stay awake since I couldn't do much but that.

The only reason I knew the time was because there was a huge clock in the center of the opposite wall from me. Once it hit 8:30 AM I heard the door begin to unlock. And in walked Mateo.

I rolled back over to my side and closed my eyes to pretend I was sleeping. I feel him sir on the bed.

It grew silent for a second, I was almost convinced he snuck his way out of the room once again. "Chaparrita I know you're awake." He whispers in my ear sending chills down my spine.

I try to shove him away from me but he catches my wrists mid way. I then attempt to pull them away, to which he only grips them tighter. "Mateo let go!" I shout unsuccessfully.

His grip begins to hurt. I whine as he presses down harder, for sure leaving a mark. Finally he lets go. "Jeez! What do you want?" I say with a lot of attitude. I don't want to look at his face. I'm scared to see something I don't want to see. As I'm thinking that, he lightly grabs ahold of my jaw and makes me look at him. I stare back at him and once again find no emotion in his eyes. "We're going to the mall, you're moving in here so I'm going to buy you all the clothes and necessities you need." I raise my hand to protest but he stops me. "And you WILL cooperate, because I'm sure you didn't notice, but you now have a a collar like bracelet on your wrist that can shock you and the click of this button." He states at me and then clicks the button. I jump back in pain and shock. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" I shout.

"Watch your language with me chaparrita! I will take it off of you as soon as we get back here!" He says and stands up. For the first time, I notice he has a bag in his hands.

He stares at it before handing it toward me. "As much as I love the way your small curvy body looks in my large shirt, you need to change because I'm not letting anyone else see what's mine."

I take the bag out of his hand and whisper to my self. "I'm not yours." His head snaps back around to look at me with a raised eyebrow. I ignore his stare and start to slowly open up the bag to reveal some of my clothes from my house. "What was that?" He asks sternly.

I pull away my attention from the bag and revert it back to Mateo. "I said... I'm.not.yours." I repeat myself extra slow to make sure he understood every word. I think he did because he doesn't look to happy.

He growls and walks away toward the door opening it. "Don't act all big and buff now chaparrita... I know not that deep down you're terrified of what I could do to you and no one would even question it!" He almost shouted before closing the door behind him.

My eyes lead themselves to my now stiff wrist. I play with the 'collar like bracelet' that he tightly attached to my wrist. I try pulling it off but feel a strong sting and I squeal at it.

'Fuck him! If he wanted to control me, go ahead and try! I will cooperate and let him buy me what I need, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be cheap letting him off easy!' I mentally hype myself up. If Sammy was here we would do our happy dance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I changed into some ripped jeans and an oversized hoodie that read the words 'single as fuck'.

I smiled to myself and brushed my teeth and hair. This time I let my hair down instead of putting it up in a bun.

I walk to the door and turn the knob. To my surprise it opens and I walk down the steps to see Mateo waiting for me.