Chapter 9

Joelle's POV                      published: 02/19/2021

                         One week later and it's the first day of senior year. I woke up at 6:00 AM and hopped in the shower. After that, I did all the basics. I shaved, did my makeup, ate breakfast, and brushed my teeth.

I took my phone off it's charger and called Sammy instinctively. "What's up bitch?!" She yells. I hold my phone back from my ear. "Sorry, I called you as instinct. But I'll see you at school whore!" We laugh and then hang up.

I sigh and take one last glance at myself in the mirror before heading down stairs. I see Mateo waiting for me at the door.

He looks up from his phone and raises an eyebrow removing his sunglasses. "Absolutely not." He speaks and holds up a hand. "W-What?" I say looking at him. His eyes trail up and down my body. "You're not going dressed like that. Go change." I pout and scrunch my nose. "I don't have a choice, this is my uniform Mateo!" He rolls his eyes and shrugs. "Go change or you're not going at all." I whine and head back upstairs. I only put on some black thin leggings underneath my skirt.

I sulk on my way to the car and realize that Aaron wasn't coming with us. He always comes with us when we leave. "Where's Aaron?" I scratch my head confused.

I see Mateo's face grow annoyed. "Don't know." Is all he said before staring out the window. "Sheesh, did something happen between them!' I sigh and do the same as Mateo the whole ride to school.

I bounce in my seat the closer we get. "How are you so excited to go to school? When I was a senior I just wanted to stay home and do nothing all day." I shrug.

I think about it. This is the first thing he's mentioned to me about his past.

"I mean, I like school and all... I usually get straight A's and I get along with everyone, but I was really dreading my senior year until this summer." I admit. He stares at me and I look down at my converse while playing with the ends of my school skirt. "It's just being locked up with rules all of a sudden is really hard... and boring! I laugh. He smiled a bit which kind of shocked me. Although he kidnapped me, he was kind of nice to be around sometimes. "You know, Aaron was right.." he looks up at me curious. I shake my head, "you're not so bad after all 'boss'" I wink but not in a sexual way. "Aaron said that?" He asks coldly. His whole demeanor had shifted. He looked confused and upset. "Mhmm, when you left us at the mall we got some food and I was just not happy with you and he started talking you up." I smile at him and his poker face returned causing me to frown. 

"We're going to a club meeting tonight so prepare yourself for that." He warns me and I nod my head once.

Finally! We arrive! I desperately try to open my door forgetting they're locked from the inside. I complain.

Once the driver comes and opens my door, Mateo fallows me out of the car. I think nothing of it and begin to walk toward the large and rich school when someone holds me back.

I turn and Mateo is holding onto my wrist. He pulls me back to him and holds me close. "Remember the rules chaparrita?" He asks sternly and I nod. "Words." I breath in, "Yes Mateo, I know!" I begin to grow impatient just wanting to go. He pulls me close to him and starts sucking on my neck. "That will show people that you're owned. After school, you will come straight home and no where else. Let me find out you're not behaving yourself and we'll have a repeat of last week's punishment but worse." He turns and get in the car but doesn't shut the door. "And don't cover up the hickey because I will find out." And then he drives off.