Chapter 6

Joelle's POV published: 02/18/2021

Exhausted as ever, I stand in front of Aaron and he looks down to me with a confused expression on his face. "Come on." I take his hand just for him to snatch it away the same second.

I sigh and watch the bags forming underneath his eyes grow even more tired. "I promise I'm done shopping. Let's just go get something to eat." He rolls his eyes and is about to get back in the car when I tug on his shirt. "Please Aaron! I haven't been outside of that prison room for 2 straight days! And I've been refusing all the food you guys have brought up for me!" I gave him puppy eyes and his face grew annoyed but he started walking towards the mall and I felt a small shock on my wrist. "Ow!" I smacked his chest playfully.

He chuckled causing me to smile.

———

We sat at some tables waiting for our Chinese that we ordered. "Order 68!" The lady shouts and I stand up and head over for our food.

I sit down excited, "yay!" I clap my hands as I squeal. "What's up with you?" Aaron asks taking a bite out of his chicken. I shrug my shoulders. "Don't know what you mean sir." I continue to enjoy my food.

I moan when I take the first bite of my food. I feel like I haven't ate this good in years.

"You seem less tense now that Mateo is gone." He calls me out. I stare into his beautiful hazel eyes and hang my head low. "Well it's hard not to be so tense around him." I admitted and he laughed.

"He's not a bad guy you know?" I almost laugh at his claim but he looked serious. I took a sip of my soda thinking for a little bit. "He deadass kidnapped me" I feel the need to remind Aaron. He nods his head in agreement.

"Yes, he did.. but if you notice... he hasn't actually done anything to hurt you has he?" He looks at me concerned with this question but also convincing.

"I guess you're right"

I hated to admit it, but he was into something. 'If Mateo was going to hurt me, he would have done so by now right?'

"Mateo doesn't handle the word murder well, so yeah you fucked up with that one, but for further references... don't use it." I tilted my head in confusion and kept on eating my food.

I wonder off to throw away our food when I bump into someone.

"Oh jeez I'm so sorry, I should watch where I'm going..." I look up and see Veronica. The employee and from the club.

She rolls her eyes annoyed turning away from me. I run in front of her. "Hey! Are you okay?" I ask her and she shoves my hands away from her.

"I'm fine! It's not like you left me standing outside for around 30 minutes!" She shouted. It was then when I realized! "Oh my god! Let me explain please!" I started rushing my words

"Joelle we have to go, Mateo is going to be home waiting for you pissed if we don't get there before he does" Aaron approaches us. I look at Veronica who is smiling in disbelief. "Have a nice day Joelle." She waves at me and walks away.

'Fuck! I can't believe I forgot about how I stood her up! Fucking Mateo.'

———

The ride 'home' was short and quiet.

When we pulled into the driveway, Mateo's car still wasn't visible meaning he wasn't here yet. Aaron helped me put away every thing Mateo bought me in 'my room'.

He helped build the new bed and threw out the other ones. I put the new sheets send blankets on the bed feeling accomplished.

"Aaron?" I call him and he hums in response. "I'm sorry for the couple times I was a bitch to you." I apologized quietly. He smiled and looked at me weird. "I'm sorry too Joelle." I look into his gaze and our eyes lock. "For what?" I question.

"For being a dick back. If me and my friends weren't messing around with Sammy, you would be safe at home right now... not that you're not safe here but.. you would be where you want to be." I smile and tell him that I understand.

We talk for just a bit longer before he finally leaves. Aaron is actually a really cool guy. He told me stories about when him and Mateo were younger.

Apparently, Mateo wasn't always this big bad and scary. Something huge happened that caused him to turn out this way. I begged him to tell me but Aaron insisted that it wasn't his place to speak on it which only made me more curious.

———

A few more hours pass by and Mateo finally gets home. I don't go down to greet him or anything. I just patiently wait in my room knowing he was going to pay me a visit.

The room was dark since all the lights were turned off and it was also dark outside.

"Hola chaparrita! Ya regrese!" (Hi shorty! I'm back now!) his deep voice sent shivers throughout my whole body.

He flipped on the lights to find me sitting on the bed in his large shirt from before and some shorts I got today. I was staring outside of the bared up window.

"I'm sorry for what I called you at the mall earlier." I broke the silence and I took his since as confusion.

"What exactly does this mean? My being here in this house with you." I ask in a shaky voice.

I didn't want to be clueless and Sammy didn't exactly give me the best clues. She just that I was now his and that's all.

He sighed and sat on the bed next to me. "I'm only going to explain this one time to you, so get it in your thick skull." He mentioned aggressively.

"That night in the club, I noticed you the second you walked it. I saw you and thought you would be an easy hit judging by the way you were dressed. Also you walked in with Sammy. And believe it or not, she happens to be my favorite cousin. I told my men to mess around with Sammy and it worked like a charm. You came right over for her rescue. I expected you to be shy but you had a fiery mouth and I wanted you in that moment. I wanted to own you and make you learn your place! And that's what I'm doing."

I whimpered as he finished his story.

'So either way I would have ended up with him'

Soon sleep over took me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I won't update until tomorrow now. I didn't even edit these chapters. So I might be doing that tomorrow I don't know.

Have an amazing night my crazy lovelies!!!