Chapter 52

A/N: Okay, this story will be coming to an end very soon. I don't know exactly how many more chapters I will be writing before giving you guys the 'FINALE'. But when it comes the chapter will be labeled as 'FINALE'. I may write 1 more chapter or maybe 10 more chapters. I don't know. But I already have an ending decided and I'm sure you guys will love it.

A/N: Thank you guys so much for the support and for the criticism that this story received. I am thankful for every single one of my crazy lovelies.

A/N: I already have some ideas for a new story, but I don't know if I'm going to take a break and then start writing, or just start writing it as soon as I can because right truly love writing stories for you guys.

A/N: Okay, moving on to the story now.

•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

🖤|JOELLE'S POV|🤍 published: 03/15/2021

I woke up extra early this morning. I wanted to be at the hospital before Mateo got released. If I wasn't there on time, then he'd make a dramatic scene like "you abandoned me" and then pretend to cry.

It was silly, but unnecessary.

"Heyyy" I greeted Mateo. When I walked into his room he was standing in just his jeans with no shirt on, and his messy bed hair.

He looked so incredibly hot. Even just standing there.. he looked amazing. I can see why every single girl will get on their knees for him. Look at him. His abs are so perfectly toned, and his skin looks so smooth. Ugh.

"Done staring chaparrita?" He asked. His voice brought home out of my day dream. "Oh, I-I wasn't staring!" I defend myself and he laughs his contagious laugh. "You were... but it's okay." He says and I scoff. "It was cute." Mateo leans forward but I move away almost instinctively

"Soooo, you ready to get out of here?" I ask him with a small smile and he simply nods. He doesn't seem too happy about it though. "W-What? What's wrong Mateo?" I ask and he shakes his head smiling. "Nothing.."

I shake it off not wanting to dig too deep. "Ready to go?!" McKay says and Mateo's smile drops. "Yep." He replies dryly. "Goodmorning sir." I say to break the tension but only fail.

"Morning Madden, you look good today." He compliments me and Mateo scoffs while looking down at me. "She does, doesn't she? So beautiful." Mateo says, shocking me. "Mateo!" I say and he and McKay scold each other. "Really shouldn't hit on your employees huh?" Mateo says and McKay scoffs while looking at me. "Really shouldn't flirt with patients huh?" He asks me sternly and I look in between them worriedly.

They are now both looking down at me. I feel my face grow hot which meant my face was probably a dark red shade. "N-No it's not like that! He's just my friend sir." I explain myself and scold Mateo. "Then I don't see the problem of other men 'hitting' on her." He says toward Mateo.

Mateo was about to say something but I dragged him away. "I'll be back in a minute!" I shouted while Mateo laughed.