Chapter 15

Joelle's POV                     published: 02/22/2021

                           Sammy was sitting next to me when I woke up in... my room? I look around, rubbing my eyes, then face her and see her smiling down at me.

"Rise and shine whore!" I giggle and hug her. "What happened?" I asked her and she laid back in her chair. "You passed out in the nurses office Dude." I'm confused. I fainted again?

"What? Why did I pass out?!" She sighs and reminds me of everything, to the moment she left, making me stressed all over again. Except this time I didn't pass out.

"I'm going to have to tell Mateo huh? She nods and smiles at me to reassure me that it will be fine.

I don't want to tell him yet. I feel like he's going to build another barrier around me, shutting me out of the world.

I'll tell him tomorrow. For sure.

———

"Have you told Mateo yet babes?" Charlie asks me at lunch. I just sink my head banging it on the table. "I'm going to take that as a no..." both him and Sammy sigh.

"I'm just scared guys." I admit and they look at each other and then me. "Of what?" Charlie asks and I groan. "I just know he's going to shut me out from the world again once he finds out that basically all of Chicago seen us kiss!" I cry out and they rub my back comforting me.

"Joelle Johnson?" I snap my head up and raise my hand to say it's me. He speaks in a loud tone. "They need you in the office miss Johnson." I look at Sammy and Charlie, and we're all confused.

As I'm walking with these men, I hear all the immature students and their "ooooo Joelle in troubleeee"

"Officer Bancroft wants to ask you some questions, he's in there." They tell me. "Officer?" They shrug saying they don't know anything.

I walk in and see a tall figure looking at the paintings on our principle's walls. I clear my throat and he turns around smiling.

"Hello miss, I am officer Bancroft from the Chicago Illinois police department and I just want to ask you a couple of questions if that's okay with you." He held his hand out for me to shake and I have him mine. "Hi officer, I'm student Joelle Johnson from the Northside College Prep high school and I will gladly answer any questions you have." I joked with him but apparently he wasn't the joking type. 'Well shit, fuck you and your questions.'

He smiles and nods while pulling out a tiny note pad with a cute little pen.

"Okay well, I saw the video of you kissing Mateo Benjamin Santos." My heart stopped for a second. Why was an officer asking me about Mateo.

I thought they all worked for him. "What is your relationship with Mr.Santos?" He asked and I decided I would give answers that wouldn't get Mateo in trouble or cause any problems.

"Joelle?" He brought me out of my zoned out phase. "Sorry sorry, I zoned out, come again." He sighed but not a normal sigh. He sounded annoyed and frustrated.

"What is your relationship with Mr.Santos?"

"We're really close friends."

"Do you live with Mr.Santos?"

"I do, yes."

"Since when?"

"A couple months ago."

"Does Santos go everywhere with you?"

"Nope, as long as he knows I'm okay and safe, I'm fine."

"Did Mateo Santos, kidnap you?"

"N-No."

"Hmm, did you know your parents left the state?"

"I.. no I didn't officer, when?"

"A couple months ago."

"Oh.. I left the first night of summer. I got really into it with my dad and he hit me. So I met up with Mateo at the club and hung out for a while and then left with him."

"Oh, I'm so sorry."

"My parents leaving.. is not my problem anymore and I don't ever want toe hear from them again."

With that, I stood up and left. I walked out of the school crying. I had my head between my knees.

I heard a group of people walking up the steps and when I moved my head to look up I felt something heavy and hard hit the back of my head.

Then all went black.

Mateo's POV

I'm in my office with Aaron explaining a job that I need him to get done. I put my phone on silent but I hear it vibrate against my desk. I sigh annoyed while looking at the screen.

"What the fuck!" I almost shout. "What?" Aaron asks and I show him my screen and he makes an annoyed face. "Why the fuck is Bancroft calling me?" He shrugs and I answer, putting it on speaker.

"The fuck you want Bancroft?!" I immediately say after picking up. "Did you Joelle Johnson call you to pick her up?" He asks me. Me and Aaron connect eyes and become instantly worried. "What do you want with her Bancroft?!" Aaron shouts and he starts breathing heavy. "Shit! I came to her school to ask her some questions on you Mateo. She seemed upset when I mentioned her parents and stormed out for her school..." I cut him off and banged in my desk. "So she left?!" I shouted. "She couldn't have gotten too far because I followed right behind her but she was completely gone!" He tells us and I want to throw something.

"Come by my house immediately Bancroft!" I hung up and threw my phone. "FUCK!" I shouted and Aaron looked pissed and worried as well.

About 20 minutes of waiting, there was finally a knock at the front door. Bertha answers it and I sprint toward the door and drag him in. "If someone took her! It's your fault ASSCROTCH!"

He shoves me off of him. "No actually! It's your fault! If you wouldn't have kissed her in front of the school then no harm would've come to her!" He shouts and I step back confused.

"You kissed her?" Aaron looks at me and I take in a huge breath staring at asscrotch. "How would anyone know about that?!" I ask him frustrated. I wanted to smash his head in but he was the last one who's seen my girl.

"A video has spread all over Chicago Illinois of you kissing Joelle Johnson in front of her school before dropping her off." He pulled out his phone and showed me his screen. Aaron and I both watched it. It in fact was a video of when I kissed her.

I grabbed the nearest thing to me and threw it. "Get the fuck out Bancroft and DON'T involve yourself with this or I will speak to Grange myself!" He hastily agreed and went on his way.

"We have to find her." Aaron said stating the obvious. "I think I know exactly, who has her." I claimed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~