Part 9

After a long long process of talking, today was the day of gift's exchange of Yuvika's wedding. Today both the bride and the groom's side were supposed to exchange gifts. Asim was assigned the duty of preparations which he wasn't very perfect in. So the only person he thought he could ask for advice would be. Ofcourse, Sid. He called him early in the morning.
Sid was getting ready for his office but when he saw Asim's call he got interrupted but not irritated because he clearly loves him alot.
Asim: Hello Bhai, are you busy?
Sid: Nope, just getting ready for office, why? You sound serious, and that's rare.
Sid notices the tension in his voice.
Asim: You know me so well bhai, today is Yuvika di's gift exchanging ceremony and I have to do a lot of work since dad and mamu already have a lot on their shoulders. What if I mess up?
Asim said pacing right to left in his room. Sid just smiled and said
Sid: Don't be so stresses, just relax. It's not a very tough job. You just have to look over the decorations that will be done by other people and now that you have told me this, I'm transferring you some money please buy something for Yuvi's future husband and his mom and also for Yuvika . I would have accompanied you but I have a rough schedule.

Asim was so happy that even after everything he is still so good towards him and his siblings "Thankyou so much Bhai, and what about my tip, I mean i am gonna buy gifts on your behalf, I need commission" , he said smirking.

Sid chuckled and said "You come home after the ceremony tonight you will get your commission"

Asim smiled an amusing smile and said "Oops, I pissed someone"

Sid laughed and said "Shut up and do your work". He hung up and went outside.
Shehnaaz was sitting in the hall watching TV with loud sound and she was also singing the song along with the singer with closed eyes and musical expressions

"Aankhein meri har dafa dhundhe tujhe bewajah, ye main hoon ya koi aur hai, meri taraaahhhh...Oooo... Kaise hua, kaise hua, tu itna zaruri kaise hua?"

Suddenly the song stopped, she opened her eyes and looked up "Amma, ye song kisne.......". Her eyes landed on Siddharth. He was looking at her with annoyance. She bit her tongue like a child. But then her confidence got her, afterall she wasn't doing anything wrong, she was just listening to the song.
"kya hua Mr.?"

" Seriously? Aapne kabhi dekha hai is ghar me koi bhi itne loud volume me music sunta ho?" He glared at her with gritted teeth.

Sana slumped back in the couch and in a very confident tone she said  "Is ghar me ab main bhi rehti hoon, and what's wrong in this, I was just listening to music" she added with a light chuckle.

Sid got even more angry and said "To ye music na aap apne kaanon me earphones laga ke bhi sun sakte hai, puri colony ko sunane ki zarurat nahi hai" , he said in a louder voice.

Sana stood up from the couch and now even she was annoyed she looked up at him, folded her arms and said "Aur ye baat aap thore low voice me bhi bol sakte the, itna chilla kar apni male superiority dikhane ki zarurat nahi hai".

Sid grabbed her arms and said looking into her eyes "This is my house, and I hate to be rude to a guest but I won't mind showing them their limits."

Sana got a little scared but didn't show it on her face "I am at Rita aunty's place not yours" she added with a confident but with a annoying smile.

Sid left her and went to office muttering something under his breath. Sana was regretting her behaviour but then she said to herself "You didn't do anything wrong Sana he was just being an ass. He thinks he can control me the way he does with Divya. Sorry to burst your bubble siddharthshukla you can't." She decided to go to the mall for shopping some clothes beacuse her wardrobe was exhausted and she didn't had anything special to do.

Meanwhile in Asim's :

He was fiddling through clothes in the woman's section for Yuvika but all the dresses were pretty so he couldn't decide. He has taken clothes for Ankit and his mom. But he wanted to buy the best for his sister as it was from Sid and Sid's choice is the best. He was confusingly walking looking through the clothes when he bumped onto a girl who was holding piles of clothes. All her clothes fell down. Asim put a hand on his mouth and said "Sorry sorry sorry, I didn't mean to. I am so sorry". And started helping her in picking up her clothes.

She looked up with a kind smile and said "Koi baat nahi it's not your fault only. I should have looked".

Asim smiled at her kindness and said "I thought you'd be pissed girls usually are" he chuckled.

She said "Well I am not like usual girls." with a confident smile.

Asim thought she seemed nice and introduced himself "By the way I am Asim" he said while forwarding his hand.

She shook his hand and said "Shehnaaz, friends call me Sana".

"So many clothes, how many people are you shopping for?" He said with a slight chuckle.

"Actually, I have exhausted my wardrobe since I came to India so these are all for me. Who are you shopping for in the female section? Girlfriend?" she said while looking through more clothes.

Asim shook his head and added "Nope,my sister, she is getting married. And by the way are you not Indian?"

Sana stopped to explain him "No no, I am basically Indian but I was brought up in Los Angeles and that's where my parents stay. And now I am here to complete my studies"

Asim was amused "Most people go to foreign country to study you chose India? Why?"

Sana added "Curiosity I guess".

Asim came up with a nice idea and said with an exciting expression "Achha listen, will you please help me in choosing the most beautiful dress for my sister, I am getting confused".

Sana laughed and said "Sure, my shopping is almost done. Let's help you".

After half an hour of gossiping and exploring they finally chose a very beautiful Red dress for Yuvika. Asim was very happy with Sana's choice. "Thankyou so much Shehnaaz, what would have I done without you". He said with a grateful smile.

Sana and him were walking outside the mall "Call me Sana. And yes no need to thank,, take my number. You are officially the first friend that I have here. I am so glad that I finally made a friend I thought I'll be alone all the time. Seriously I am so glad you bumped into me today" she said smiling through her ice cream munching face.

Asim really enjoyed her company he found her very entertaining and helpful. He was glad to meet her "No problem my friend. Just call me whenever you need to hang out or talk. By the way I have to go now my parents must be waiting for me".

Sana shook his hand and let him go. She was also content that her bad mood has been treated after meeting Asim.

So how did you like Asim and Shehnaaz's friendship? Was it good? Please give me your reviews in the comment section it matters a lot for me. And yes, I have an Instagram page called random musings were I post random writings of mine. I'd be forever grateful if you follow❤️.