8: The game

2 months later

Its been two months since I moved in with Ivy and I've settled in quite a bit along with getting the food need, leading me to gain some pounds but Ivy doesn't mind it. One day...it all changed...no more am I weak...no more am I useless...today...I...become...a hero.

Dream

???: Your destiny will come...it awakes tomorrow...tomorrow you will...become a hero.

I open my eyes to see it was morning. I get up and walked to the bathroom. I shower and get to the kitchen to notice it was Saturday.

I smile before walking to my room/basement and get dressed...that dream makes me think I need to get to the shop that sells games.

I get ready and leave.

I realised recently that the scientists from years ago finished what they were working on, on us. The thing is a game where you experience what its like in a different world but it is different because when you get hurt, you feel it and bleed as if you are actually wounded and since I went through hell for this thing, I otta try and see if it was all worth it...at least to them.

I buy the game and look at the device to see it was a helmet with gloves and two peddles which I suspected to be how we move in the game and use the arms for the attacks and stuff.

I place the box of the equipment into my school bag since I have school today and wouldn't have time to take it home. Ivy got one a few days ago but I didn't know till recently.

I walk out the store and walk to school and since I left early, I'll meet Ivy there.

School

I got so school and enter to only be stopped. I turn to the person to see it was a teacher

Teacher: Young man...do you happen to have the equipment for the new game called fantasy adventure?

I nod

Connor: Sorry sir, I didn't have time to take it home.

Teacher: Oh no need...I wanted to ask cause if you do then you should know know that since someone was finally arrested yesterday, there is a meeting coming on, making us unable to teach so you could either go home and use it the whole day.

I nodded and he patted my back as he walked off and I walk to class but then stop when I notice Ivy by the door and she had her bag in her hand with it zipped opened a bit, revealing the equipment for the game.

Ivy: There you are...come on, I didn't want to start without you.

I smile as I walked to her and we both walked into the classroom and we went onto your desks, which we moved to next to each other and we got out our equipment and set it up as others did.

By the time we finish, I see that it was basically two peddles for the feet so we can walk, gloves where we move our hands and the hands in the game move and activate screens and stuff when needed and the helmet is to help is see our surroundings in the game.

Ivy: You ready Connor?

I nod with a smile and me and her along with others, put on the helmets once the gloves were on and our feet were in place.

Right when on, I see the world around me crumble as everything around me turn whitish blue with all kinds of squares and markings along with flouting weapons, cloths and armour.

I look at the stuff and figured I otta change my look for this.

I lift my hand and those some random cloths since I didn't care too much about it what I have since I know it won't change too much of my appearance.

Within a few moments, I found the cloths I wanted and they appeared onto my body in a flash. I then turn to the weapons.

I want something that I can relate to but then again, I don't know...suddenly, I notice something in the corner of my eye. It was a shield but it was different then the rest.

It was silver with a green gem in it and it looked cool. I walk to it...for some reason, it...it makes me feel as if I need it.

I walk to it and tap it, making it appear on my arm and the green gem grew a small amount before disappearing and the shield disappeared...guess it only appears when needed.

I then see a screen pop up in front of me to see it was a screen saying to name my character. I took a moment before writing my name and it disappeared before I appeared at some sort of large tree...this is awesome!

Suddenly, I felt a tug on my sleeve and I turn to see it was Ivy with a smile

Ivy: Hey Connor...what did you choose?

I lift a arm and the green gem appeared and glowed while making the shield and once done, the silver shield was visable.

Connor: I know it ain't much but this shield is just something I felt like I wanted...maybe because I'm weak...and it would be better if I was a shield.

She smiles before touching it.

Ivy: Connor...maybe it is...but I know you will be useful with it...I promise.

I smile before grabbing her hand from the shield

Connor: Thanks...

She smiles and then something flashed in my mind...Daisy. I jolt and let go, making Ivy look at me in worry.

Ivy: You alright?

Connor: Y-Yeah...sorry....lets go.

She smiles as she walked with me to the others who were talking. I was about to speak when I notice two people I didn't want to see again.

I see Yang and Ruby. I lightly growl while looking down but then, Ivy saw who I was looking at and lightly hold my hand.

Ivy: Its ok...I'm here.

I smile

Connor: Your right...thanks.

She then smiles as she lightly giggles and I saw Daisy again but this time I saw calmed down and look at her with a smile and lightly squeeze her hand back. I turn to Yang and Ruby to see them walking to me. I then lightly pulled Ivy and we both left, leaving them behind. They stopped and looked hurt but just turn away and we walked to the others.

Classrep: Ok...everyone, please follow me...we shell be in one big group for the day, tomorrow we can be seperate but we should all be together today so we all can go check the place out and not get lost.

Even though I expected them to disagree, the surprisingly said yes and we all add each other as friends so we can call or text each other in case we needed help or something.

With that, we start moving around the place and after about an hour, we went into the woods to kill some monsters.

Although I just has a shield, I managed to protect Ivy and others who need it while they do most of the killing.

Everyone being the pricks that they are, they be selfish and doesn't share the win...everyone but Ivy.

We both share the money and rewards, making us able to get things such as new weapons or upgreads although I mainly use the shield and no other weapon...but then...it all changed.